Uconnect—rename it to Unconnect

Punk’n Rubi

First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk’n Rubicon; 2017 GoMango Charger Daytona 392
How did you go about starting the trade in discussion? I thought of doing the same, since they won’t buy it back. Again, twice today my Screwconnect locked out. Turned the engine off at a red light, opened the door, presto—started working again. Ridiculously frustrating. Have video, of just about every occurrence. And I post every occurrence, but it’s become a headache.
We actually started with the sales manager at the dealer we bought the car from after they tried changing the radio 4 or 5 times.
Sponsored

HoosierJL

First Name
Fletch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Thats one thing I haven't figure out, I use Android Auto, but hitting the speaker button the steering wheel while android auto is on does not activate the android mic...It did with my Sync, but can't UConnect to work.
Try holding the steering wheel microphone button for 3 seconds. A single push activates the voice command for u-connect, but holding it down a few seconds activates your phone voice commands -- at least for Apple anyway.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Might have a possible fix, as it worked for most of my Uconnect issues. fully seat all of the fuses in the box under the hood on the passenger side firewall.

I was able to push in all of the fuses several mm, and since I did that 3 weeks ago, all my issues except 1 are gone. (voice guidance volume resets to 15 every time vehicle is restarted.)

good luck.

KCC_703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray MOAB
Thats one thing I haven't figure out, I use Android Auto, but hitting the speaker button the steering wheel while android auto is on does not activate the android mic...It did with my Sync, but can't UConnect to work.
Google Assistant is always on (you might have to enable this) on the phone, so just say "Ok Google...". I leave my phone in the center console, passengers find it funny when I need to open the lid to activate.

Haven't tried holding the VR button for 3 secs... using the JL sound system would be a much more eloquent.

EDIT: Holding the VR button works.

Last edited:

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Google Assistant is always on (you might have to enable this) on the phone, so just say "Ok Google...". I leave my phone in the center console, passengers find it funny when I need to open the lid to activate.

Haven't tried holding the VR button for 3 secs... using the JL sound system would be a much more eloquent.
Holding the VR button for 3 seconds works perfectly, which allows me to use the Uconnect commands, or google any time.

Sponsored

Kurlon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4XE Rubicon, maybe?
I was able to push in all of the fuses several mm, and since I did that 3 weeks ago, all my issues except 1 are gone. (voice guidance volume resets to 15 every time vehicle is restarted.)
That's my one complaint as well at the moment.

KCC_703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray MOAB
Holding the VR button for 3 seconds works perfectly, which allows me to use the Uconnect commands, or google any time.
Yup. Just tried, and it works.

I could have sworn I tried the VR button, but it didn't work... glad it does now!

Newdeal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Might have a possible fix, as it worked for most of my Uconnect issues. fully seat all of the fuses in the box under the hood on the passenger side firewall.

good luck.
Mine appears to be resetting the voice guidance to a very low level (I can barely hear it). Is there any way to manually adjust it to a higher level when this occurs ( at the very least)?

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Mine appears to be resetting the voice guidance to a very low level (I can barely hear it). Is there any way to manually adjust it to a higher level when this occurs ( at the very least)?
unfortunately, not that I have found. The fix I posted was for all of the weird stuff.

the voice guidance volume is a software problem with their current firmware. you can manually change the voice guidance volume, but every time you restart the jeep it resets this volume back to the default volume setting.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
My Uconnect is great.

Newdeal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
unfortunately, not that I have found. The fix I posted was for all of the weird stuff.

the voice guidance volume is a software problem with their current firmware. you can manually change the voice guidance volume, but every time you restart the jeep it resets this volume back to the default volume setting.
It appears to have self corrected. I have no idea why or how.
Sponsored