Uconnect—rename it to Unconnect

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
I just picked up my JLUR yesterday, but I had the UConnect in my Scat Pack Challenger that I traded I. And had constant issues with it. The dealer finally pushed an update to it vs using the air updates and it got better, but would still freeze or not connect my phone.

The Sync system in our Raptor has been much better. Only issue we have with it is the voice recognition isn’t great

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I just picked up my JLUR yesterday, but I had the UConnect in my Scat Pack Challenger that I traded I. And had constant issues with it. The dealer finally pushed an update to it vs using the air updates and it got better, but would still freeze or not connect my phone.

The Sync system in our Raptor has been much better. Only issue we have with it is the voice recognition isn’t great
Interesting, I thought my SYNC system was much better with voice commands than my UConnect, but I like the UConnect UI WAYYYYY better.

Willcbooth

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2015 Lexus GS350 FSport
Vehicle Showcase
For the first 2 months, I had tons of issues with Uconnect and Carplay. Changed from the Apple cable to one I got from Amazon, and haven't had a single issue since.

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
Interesting, I thought my SYNC system was much better with voice commands than my UConnect, but I like the UConnect UI WAYYYYY better.
These days I use the Apple Car play since all I have to do is say “Hey Siri”. Can listen to messages, send messages, call people, etc all without having to push a button

Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
These days I use the Apple Car play since all I have to do is say “Hey Siri”. Can listen to messages, send messages, call people, etc all without having to push a button
Thats one thing I haven't figure out, I use Android Auto, but hitting the speaker button the steering wheel while android auto is on does not activate the android mic...It did with my Sync, but can't UConnect to work.

OP
OP
saabarch

saabarch

First Name
BD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6spd

Let us know if you have any problems!

OP
OP
saabarch

saabarch

First Name
BD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6spd
Agreed—I had a 2016 Mustang GT Perf Pack and the Sync was awful—graphics were poor, but it too would black out. Uconnect, or Uscrewed, is a much better interface. But useless when not working. The car before my Jeep was a 2017 Camaro SS 1LE. Absolutely perfect interface—never ever an issue. Great graphics, etc. Miss that car.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
If you’re using Apple CarPlay you’ll need to follow some basic steps to avoid issues:

1. Unlock your iPhone before plugging it into USB
2. Unlock your iPhone even when using Bluetooth
3. Unlock your iPhone before starting the Jeep

Try this and notice most of your issues, if not all, will go away.

Sponsored

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
And checked Uconnect website with VIN to see if I am up to date, snd yes, I am.

Serious software issues, I’m afraid.
I know there is a new update available that is supposed to fix all of those things. Only available at the dealer right now but will be launched as an OTA any day now. It won’t show up on the Uconnect website as of yet. Probably won’t show up on there for awhile knowing how FCA operates.

Punk’n Rubi

First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk’n Rubicon; 2017 GoMango Charger Daytona 392
I hope I have better luck with the UConnect in my JLUR when I get it. I have a 2017 Charger Daytona 392 that has had UConnect issues since I got it a year ago. I have had it in service for these issues 9 times, had 4 radios replaced along with other electrical issues. Needles to say the Dealer and FCA worked out a great option for trade assistance instead of us proceeding with the Lemon Law. I love my Charger, and thought about getting the exact same car, but I know a lot of people having the UConnect issues in the Chargers. So I decided to go with a JLUR. Fingers crossed for NO UCONNECT ISSUES! Can’t wait to get my Punk’n Rubicon!! Ordered 1/29 in KZ status for 2 weeks.

1768092A-FE07-4700-B0B3-9384AE67EC90.jpeg

642712D3-081F-4BCC-8577-D25B6FB64C94.jpeg

89F2C199-C1A1-4A30-A031-5EC973686EB5.jpeg

tarndesigns

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Same issues here. Have you guys noticed these issues tend to happen moreso on colder days?

Any fixes on the horizon?

OP
OP
saabarch

saabarch

First Name
BD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6spd
I hope I have better luck with the UConnect in my JLUR when I get it. I have a 2017 Charger Daytona 392 that has had UConnect issues since I got it a year ago. I have had it in service for these issues 9 times, had 4 radios replaced along with other electrical issues. Needles to say the Dealer and FCA worked out a great option for trade assistance instead of us proceeding with the Lemon Law. I love my Charger, and thought about getting the exact same car, but I know a lot of people having the UConnect issues in the Chargers. So I decided to go with a JLUR. Fingers crossed for NO UCONNECT ISSUES! Can’t wait to get my Punk’n Rubicon!! Ordered 1/29 in KZ status for 2 weeks.

1768092A-FE07-4700-B0B3-9384AE67EC90.jpeg

642712D3-081F-4BCC-8577-D25B6FB64C94.jpeg

89F2C199-C1A1-4A30-A031-5EC973686EB5.jpeg
How did you go about starting the trade in discussion? I thought of doing the same, since they won’t buy it back. Again, twice today my Screwconnect locked out. Turned the engine off at a red light, opened the door, presto—started working again. Ridiculously frustrating. Have video, of just about every occurrence. And I post every occurrence, but it’s become a headache.

OP
OP
saabarch

saabarch

First Name
BD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6spd
Same issues here. Have you guys noticed these issues tend to happen moreso on colder days?

Any fixes on the horizon?
Ugh, sorry to hear. I seemed to recall that when it was cold, that’s when I experienced more glitches, but I was scared straight out of my memory when the steering seized—which happened when cold, and raining (I recall 38 degrees?).
Sponsored