Uconnect—rename it to Unconnect

saabarch

First Name
BD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6spd
Nearly 6 pages with Jeep Cares folks of my Jeep issues. Most of dealing with the Uconnect—volume not working, backup camera guidelines disappearing, infotainment controls being inoperable one day, fine the next, screen blacking out—if I didn’t pay so much for this Jeep, I’d be laughing, and saying “oh how Italian!”

Come on guys, this is embarrassing.

But I do hear a fix is coming—who knows.
Sponsored

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Nearly 6 pages with Jeep Cares folks of my Jeep issues. Most of dealing with the Uconnect—volume not working, backup camera guidelines disappearing, infotainment controls being inoperable one day, fine the next, screen blacking out—if I didn’t pay so much for this Jeep, I’d be laughing, and saying “oh how Italian!”

Come on guys, this is embarrassing.

But I do hear a fix is coming—who knows.
Version of UConnect?

OP
OP
saabarch

saabarch

First Name
BD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6spd
Whatever the latest is.

OP
OP
saabarch

saabarch

First Name
BD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6spd
And checked Uconnect website with VIN to see if I am up to date, snd yes, I am.

Serious software issues, I’m afraid.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
That's really unbelievable. If the functionality of the system does not meet the minimum viable solution, then the delivery of the system should have been delayed until it was functionally useable.

Way, way too many bugs in this system that people on here talk about like this. Half displayed screens and whatnot.

Makes me wonder if I should wait longer.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
That's really unbelievable. If the functionality of the system does not meet the minimum viable solution, then the delivery of the system should have been delayed until it was functionally useable.

Way, way too many bugs in this system that people on here talk about like this. Half displayed screens and whatnot.

It doesn't seem like a software issue. Mine has had 0 problems. If everyone is running the same software version it must be something else.

OP
OP
saabarch

saabarch

First Name
BD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6spd

I would, unless you are the type that can overlook these sorts of inconsistencies.

Jeep service folks have been great, as I have told them on several occasions. It’s the vehicle.
A vehicle which I still enjoy, despite the aggravations.

BTW, the seized steering took me to a place I’d never been as a nearly 50 year old driver—never had I had my steering fail on the freeway, even the rust buckets I grew up with. That will wake you up.

OP
OP
saabarch

saabarch

First Name
BD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6spd
It doesn't seem like a software issue. Mine has had 0 problems. If everyone is running the same software version it must be something else.
It’s hit or miss, that’s from the dealership. Folks coming in with Uconnect troubles on a variety of FCA products. My cousin has a new TrackHawk—no issues.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I would, unless you are the type that can overlook these sorts of inconsistencies.

Jeep service folks have been great, as I have told them on several occasions. It’s the vehicle.
A vehicle which I still enjoy, despite the aggravations.

BTW, the seized steering took me to a place I’d never been as a nearly 50 year old driver—never had I had my steering fail on the freeway, even the rust buckets I grew up with. That will wake you up.
Holy. Crap.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I know it's a joke...but fuses and ground connections can cause nightmares in electronics. Maybe that is part of it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
saabarch

saabarch

First Name
BD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6spd
It’s hit or miss, that’s from the dealership. Folks coming in with Uconnect troubles on a variety of FCA products. My cousin has a new TrackHawk—no issues.
That, and Jeep has acknowledged to me that Uconnect had these issues, and many other are experiencing the same—in case you didn’t know, Jeep’s division of Uconnect has been feverishly working on a major fix for for its software. Consider yourself lucky that you haven’t had troubles.

OP
OP
saabarch

saabarch

First Name
BD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6spd
I know it's a joke...but fuses and ground connections can cause nightmares in electronics. Maybe that is part of it.
I really wish it was that simple, but it’s just not. Again, Jeep has acknowledged Uconnect’s shortcomings—it’s no secret it was rushed.

I just hope it’s cleared up in 2 years and 2 months, when my warranty expires!

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I really wish it was that simple, but it’s just not. Again, Jeep has acknowledged Uconnect’s shortcomings—it’s no secret it was rushed.
Oh yeah, for sure. There is nothing simple about modern vehicles. Add in all the creature comforts and it gets very complicated.

I have an 85 CJ7 and sometimes I get frustrated running down problems, thinking if this was a new vehicle I could just replace a module...then I hear stuff like this. What a headache. It should work. I hope it gets made right soon .:fist bump:

OP
OP
saabarch

saabarch

First Name
BD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6spd
Oh yeah, for sure. There is nothing simple about modern vehicles. Add in all the creature comforts and it gets very complicated.

I have an 85 CJ7 and sometimes I get frustrated running down problems, thinking if this was a new vehicle I could just replace a module...then I hear stuff like this. What a headache. It should work. I hope it gets made right soon .:fist bump:
Thanks BullMoose—I will post when it does!