Sponsored

Uconnect® absolute POS!! Stay away from it...

Jinnjue

First Name
Jinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler jl 2 door Mojito Green
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is a stupid question and probably doesn't apply... but did you press the volume button? (It turns it on and off...).
You know? I didn’t even think of trying that 🤔🤷🏽‍♂️🤔 Thank you for that kind tip. 🤷🏽‍♂️😂 But seriously, the guys at the dealership couldn’t even figure out why the screen was just blank. No UCONNECT start up screen or anything 🤷🏽‍♂️ So I’ll keep you guys updated. Appointment is on Monday 🙏🏽😁
Sponsored

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
You know? I didn’t even think of trying that 🤔🤷🏽‍♂️🤔 Thank you for that kind tip. 🤷🏽‍♂️😂 But seriously, the guys at the dealership couldn’t even figure out why the screen was just blank. No UCONNECT start up screen or anything 🤷🏽‍♂️ So I’ll keep you guys updated. Appointment is on Monday 🙏🏽😁
When I have it turned off at start up (always accidentally), I never get a start up screen until I turn it on. This has confused the hell out of me every time I forget.

OP
OP
Onward4x4

Onward4x4

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had an issue with my radio as well. Sometimes the screen was just blank. I’ve taken it in and as you would expect they updated the radio and even went as far as replacing it with a new one. But as you would expect it still does it. I called Jeep and they started a ticket for it. My appointment is for the 14 of June and supposedly the guys at the dealership are going to get with the tech people at UCONNECT? I am not very confident but I’ll keep you guys posted.
Good luck with the dealership. Expect them to try everything they can to pass the buck and blame Apple. Make sure you use apple cords connection, and make sure your iphone is up to date--if any of those aren't properly squared away, they will simply blame it on that and send you packing. If you have issues with the Uconnect video taped when it happens it helps. You kinda have to hold the dealer's hands and slowly but firmly walk them the path - they will try to deviate at every turn... Uconnect and @JeepCares people are nice but they are public relation only-they have no authority to make the dealer do anything. So you are really pretty much on your own. Good luck!

K-nuk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, CJ7
Good luck with the dealership. Expect them to try everything they can to pass the buck and blame Apple. Make sure you use apple cords connection, and make sure your iphone is up to date--if any of those aren't properly squared away, they will simply blame it on that and send you packing. If you have issues with the Uconnect video taped when it happens it helps. You kinda have to hold the dealer's hands and slowly but firmly walk them the path - they will try to deviate at every turn... Uconnect and @JeepCares people are nice but they are public relation only-they have no authority to make the dealer do anything. So you are really pretty much on your own. Good luck!
100% agree with @Onward4x4. Also make sure your ios is not too up to date. Check online for the supported iOS and don’t update to newer or they can say(did say to me) that your iOS version is too new and you have to wait a few months for uconnect to catch up. It’s an easy out for them. The dealer I fired tried that at the beginning of every visit.

Jinnjue

First Name
Jinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for that. My Jeep is at the dealership now. And they were even nice enough to loan me a 2021 Jeep Cherokee. Will keep you guys posted. But in all actuality…I’m expecting nothing 😒

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I’ve had an issue with my radio as well. Sometimes the screen was just blank. I’ve taken it in and as you would expect they updated the radio and even went as far as replacing it with a new one. But as you would expect it still does it. I called Jeep and they started a ticket for it. My appointment is for the 14 of June and supposedly the guys at the dealership are going to get with the tech people at UCONNECT? I am not very confident but I’ll keep you guys posted.
Hello,

We heard you had a dealership visit yesterday and we wanted to check in with you to see how it went. Was your dealer able to make progress? Feel free to send us a private message if you'd like an additional layer of support.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

jbozz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
HAVE YOU CALLED THE JEEP FACTORY DIRECT LINE# 877-426-5337 HAD GREAT LUCK WITH THEM

OP
OP
Onward4x4

Onward4x4

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
HAVE YOU CALLED THE JEEP FACTORY DIRECT LINE# 877-426-5337 HAD GREAT LUCK WITH THEM
No. I wasn't aware that this was a thing. What would you expect the factory direct people achieve that the dealer is unable to? Can you elaborate? TIA.

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
🤷‍♂️ Mine works great. I use an Anker cable. No issues at all with CarPlay. I plug into USB-A port on the dash. My kids use one of the ports in the back. Both work.

I have an Anker USB-C cable that I have yet to try.

All our iPhones are Xs, XR, and 12 Pro. 5 total and they all work.

Sooooo... try an Anker cable?

Anker PowerLine+ II Lightning... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071WNF2ZZ
No such luck. The UConnect system is absolutely the worst as far as reliability. It locks and freezes just as OP described. I’ve used the Anker and Apple cables. Guess this is why the are working on UConnect 5…

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
I think it’s your phone and the cable connection. My old iPhone 7 (with a faulty lightning port connection) was nothing but troubles on my uconnect. It would often freeze, crash, disconnect etc. Been to the dealer countless times to no avail. Ever since I upgraded to IPhone 11 Pro. It had a solid connection since and I’ve had zero problems so far.
Nope. I’ve had the same issue with numerous iPhones and cables.

Sponsored

ssj3jayjay

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Saraha
I am having an issue where my screen on my LCD presses different buttons and gets me out of which ever screen I am in. For instanse i am using the Google maps and it switches me out of a different screen.

VWillys

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Willys - Bright White
Thank you for that. My Jeep is at the dealership now. And they were even nice enough to loan me a 2021 Jeep Cherokee. Will keep you guys posted. But in all actuality…I’m expecting nothing 😒
How did you make out? Was your issue resolved?

PetePetePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport (WTB)
Curious to hear how you made out.

I don't have all the problems you're having... with mine it is Uconnect that fails. No assist, and other Uconnect features do not work. I'm up to 6 hours between the phone calls and time trying to fix it.

I won't even bore you with all the different stupid "ideas" that I've had to try -- all failed.

Like others have said, if I knew that the 8.4 was such a piece of junk I would have done the Heig10 with the Stinger.

I'm passively thinking of selling the 8.4 if I thought I could get good coin for it and do the Stinger deal.

I am holding out hope that my 1-week-old Jeep with under 300 miles on it will get some attention from Jeep... but... so far, nothing but BS.

I think they said the "next time" I call they will finally open a ticket -- I don't know really know if that will yield me anything.

I'm trying to prevent going to the dealer -- although I have to in order to fix the auto-return on the right turn signal cancel.

I also own a VW and I was under the impression that nothing was worse than a VW. LOL. Let's see if Jeep wins it.

I've tagged "JeepCares" a bunch of times, but no communication of any kind has been received.

I believe there is a survey for initial quality and some other stuff... so, I have to think if Jeep is smart they'll hear me.

Jinnjue

First Name
Jinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How did you make out? Was your issue resolved?
Hello Yes and No. They replaced the battery because they claim that it needed to be replaced and checked for any updates but the radio is current on updates. So it was returned to me and sadly the radio STILL doesn’t work correctly 🤬 The radio is on. The backup camera works and the hands free phone works. The UCONNECT doesn’t load up? No radio!!!! 😠 I recorded it and drove it straight to the dealership and the service tech also recorded it on his phone. They will be getting back to me soon so they can get with the UCONNECT tech peeps and see what they can do. I contacted the representative at UCONNECT to let them know that it STILL isn’t working correctly. She said she would be touching base with my local dealership. Well at least they got part of the problem fixed. First the radio would just shut off or sometimes just not come on at all? Now the radio works but the UCONNECT doesn’t come on? 🤷🏽‍♂️😒 So hopefully they figure it out 🙏🏽 I’ll keep you guys posted.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Is there any difference HW-wise between the 2018 and 2021 8.4" systems?

Mine has worked flawlessly. Pre-covid I used to be on different rental cars about one a week and U-connect has always been the most trouble free and easier to use system for Carplay and other functions. BMW, VW and some older GM systems were the worse.

I hope you guys having problems can get it sorted out soon. The system is actually a pleasure to use, when it is working right.
Sponsored