Sponsored

Uconnect® absolute POS!! Stay away from it...

OP
OP
Onward4x4

Onward4x4

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
This is the kind of thread that potential Jeep buyers read and conclude that all Jeeps have UConnect problems. Even though the responses have been largely "mine works great", people tend to gravitate to the negative. I've already seen it over and over again regarding the EcoDiesel. Not to downplay the OP's situation. To him it's all too real.

OP: I hope that you ultimately get good customer care.
You know, if I had received proper customer service, I would not have felt the need to voice a rant in public. If I felt Uconnect or @JeepCares were actually concerned and were trying to help me fix this, I would not have posted. Regrettably, things are to the contrary... Seems to me that public shaming may be my only resort to get something done. Or perhaps not... Who knows.
Sponsored

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
Mine has been flawless. Best system ever and worth every penny.
Hope OP figures his out..

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
As someone mentioned above, don' t keep fixing it yourself, if you are able, take it in everytime and let them fix it. Once they tyr 4 times and can't fix it you can invoke (or threaten) the IL lemon law. Sounds like you already took it in a few times so you are halfway there!

"According to the Illinois Attorney General’s Office, the Illinois lemon law covers vehicles that “have a nonconformity that both substantially impairs the use, market value or safety of the vehicle and is not repairable by the dealer or manufacturer in at least four attempts for the same repair” or vehicles that have been out of service for 30 or more business days"

OP
OP
Onward4x4

Onward4x4

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
As someone mentioned above, don' t keep fixing it yourself, if you are able, take it in everytime and let them fix it. Once they tyr 4 times and can't fix it you can invoke (or threaten) the IL lemon law. Sounds like you already took it in a few times so you are halfway there!

"According to the Illinois Attorney General’s Office, the Illinois lemon law covers vehicles that “have a nonconformity that both substantially impairs the use, market value or safety of the vehicle and is not repairable by the dealer or manufacturer in at least four attempts for the same repair” or vehicles that have been out of service for 30 or more business days"
The issue is pretty "funny"... the flaw resolves itself when the vehicle is set overnight and so far, the incidents have happened at times when I wasn't able to just drive to the dealer. It's really F-ed up!!! And so frustrating!!!

JoeDoc359

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
Chalk one up for OP support. I had similar issues with UCONNECT yesterday and today. I've had my JLUS for two months and only have a three mile commute, so I haven't had to use UCONNECT very much yet. Yesterday, about one hour into a two hour drive, Waze went haywire, the UCONNECT touch screen buttons were inoperable, and the radio would randomly switch channels. I was using Android Auto and was plugged into the USB port in the center storage console.
Today, coming home, the same thing happened. The difference today was I used a USB-C cable plugged into the dashboard USB-C port.

Samsung Note 9

Sponsored

OP
OP
Onward4x4

Onward4x4

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
Chalk one up for OP support. I had similar issues with UCONNECT yesterday and today. I've had my JLUS for two months and only have a three mile commute, so I haven't had to use UCONNECT very much yet. Yesterday, about one hour into a two hour drive, Waze went haywire, the UCONNECT touch screen buttons were inoperable, and the radio would randomly switch channels. I was using Android Auto and was plugged into the USB port in the center storage console.
Today, coming home, the same thing happened. The difference today was I used a USB-C cable plugged into the dashboard USB-C port.

Samsung Note 9
I hope you have more luck fixing it than I have had...

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
If mine craps out I won’t put the same back in

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
It might not be Uconnect and the head unit per se, but the USB ports. The connection between the head unit and the center console also feeds the dash ports. It is not uncommon for that cable to go bad and cause plenty of problems.

Ours went bad a year ago, the dealer replaced it, and things worked again. Then just two days ago after getting it serviced at the dealer (for LSD issues), we are now getting 'device not recognized' errors. It might be time to replace that part again.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Onward4x4

Onward4x4

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
It might not be Uconnect and the head unit per se, but the USB ports. The connection between the head unit and the center console also feeds the dash ports. It is not uncommon for that cable to go bad and cause plenty of problems.

Ours went bad a year ago, the dealer replaced it, and things worked again. Then just two days ago after getting it serviced at the dealer (for LSD issues), we are now getting 'device not recognized' errors. It might be time to replace that part again.
Do you have any more info about that cable? Where it is, part #, pictures by any chance? I'd love to ex;ore than angle... I have nothing else to go by!!

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
I've heard the same thing. I've never had any issues, but I do have to admit I did a double-take. I'm not used to Jeep being #1 at anything - except resale value.

I'm a CR fan, but I was flummoxed by their ratings on the JL and JT. The JL got almost the worst possible rating on reliability, and the JT was rated at almost the top of the same category. I can't imagine that CR doesn't know that they are basically the exact same vehicle.
with ratings like that even I'm confused .. CR doesn't hold much credibility

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
Been trying to convey that conclusion for everyone... so far no takers!
I didn't read the whole thing but i guess they don't want to replace the unit and judging by the year there is no more warrantee ?
Sponsored