Sponsored

Uconnect® absolute POS!! Stay away from it...

K-nuk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, CJ7
I haven't seen a single person suggest that you guys did anything to actually help them. And I'm way past wanting to work it out with anyone at either dealership at this point.
This is 100% correct!!! I’ve been ”working” with UConnect Customer Care and THEY ARE USELESS! I don’t say that lightly... For 2 years I’ve got absolutely nowhere with them. USELESS!
Sponsored

AndyBowsers

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
This is 100% correct!!! I’ve been ”working” with UConnect Customer Care and THEY ARE USELESS! I don’t say that lightly... For 2 years I’ve got absolutely nowhere with them. USELESS!
If it wasn't for people like you sharing their stories on this AMAZING forum, I'd have probably wasted at least a couple of years waiting for someone to fix this for me! So thank you!

....and. I'll def give you a discount for the broken radio. LOL!

AndyBowsers

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The second dealer that I was working with called today. They replaced my radio with what I assume is the refurbished 2018 model others have mentioned. Working now. Will cross my fingers and hope it lasts till my trade-in date.

K-nuk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, CJ7
The second dealer that I was working with called today. They replaced my radio with what I assume is the refurbished 2018 model others have mentioned. Working now. Will cross my fingers and hope it lasts till my trade-in date.
fingers crossed! Let us know.

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Been driving mine for a few weeks now. Rear guides are missing on rear camera about 1/4 of the time. Double checked the settings, tried to check/uncheck the option, and no luck.

I'm able to work around it (yay mirrors), but for a 50k+ new car, this is a really unacceptable fail rate.

Sponsored

AndyBowsers

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm able to work around it (yay mirrors), but for a 50k+ new car, this is a really unacceptable fail rate.
This has been my argument from the beginning. For what we paid, the lack of concern/attention is beyond insulting.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
So can anyone confirm that Jeep recognizes this issue and are working on a solution?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi Andy,

We're happy to hear that your dealer was able to get your concerns worked out for you! Keep an eye on your vehicle and let us know if any concerns reoccur.

Been driving mine for a few weeks now. Rear guides are missing on rear camera about 1/4 of the time. Double checked the settings, tried to check/uncheck the option, and no luck.

Have you set up an appointment with your dealer to get this addressed? Please reach out to our team if you need any additional support!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
So can anyone confirm that Jeep recognizes this issue and are working on a solution?
Had my unit looked at by the dealership today. Per the service department, the intermittent parking guide is an issue that Jeep is aware of and are working on a fix for. They believe that an over the air update (OTA) will take place sometime this year to address.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
UPDATE: I took care of my problem yesterday. Was pretty simple, really. I drove to the closest Land Rover dealer and ordered a Defender. To hell with Chrysler, Jeep, @JeepCares, Uconnect, and every one of those dealers that didn't bother to fix my vehicle.

Going to pay a local shop to install an aftermarket head unit while I wait for my Rover, then I'll never have to deal with anyone from Jeep/Chrysler ever again.
The Rover Software has issues as well....Hope yopu popped for the Meridian set up....to me it was worth the cash. If you got it from the South Hills...top notch service and sales there.... we purchased our Rover from them.

Sponsored

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
The Rover Software has issues as well....Hope yopu popped for the Meridian set up....to me it was worth the cash. If you got it from the South Hills...top notch service and sales there.... we purchased our Rover from them.
Yikes. I'd also advise against Range Rover because of their own build quality issues. TFL had a pretty bad experience with their Defender, purchased for review. In short - check engine light, no cameras, unrepairable engine problem, and un-repairable damage from dealer installed add-on.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USMC
Yikes. I'd also advise against Range Rover because of their own build quality issues. TFL had a pretty bad experience with their Defender, purchased for review. In short - check engine light, no cameras, unrepairable engine problem, and un-repairable damage from dealer installed add-on.

Let me clarify...I wasn't advising anyone against LR. As a matter of fact, there is one in the Garage next to my JL. I have had ZERO issues with my last two Rovers despite reading all the horror stories. My comment was about the infotainment software. If you are moving to LR based on infotainment software issues....just know that LR has its own problems there. Quite honestly Uconnect seems to be a better system overall.

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Let me clarify...I wasn't advising anyone against LR. As a matter of fact, there is one in the Garage next to my JL. I have had ZERO issues with my last two Rovers despite reading all the horror stories. My comment was about the infotainment software. If you are moving to LR based on infotainment software issues....just know that LR has its own problems there. Quite honestly Uconnect seems to be a better system overall.
Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding. I did consider the new Defender prior to buying the Wrangler - was very impressed by the Land Rover dealership experience. Jeep dealers may benefit from touring the competition once a while.

Going back to the UConnect topic - I'm happy Jeep is at least acknowledging the intermittent parking guide issue, and has been working on a fix. The diagnosis and confirmation of this at the dealership was relatively quick and easy.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USMC
Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding. I did consider the new Defender prior to buying the Wrangler - was very impressed by the Land Rover dealership experience. Jeep dealers may benefit from touring the competition once a while.

Going back to the UConnect topic - I'm happy Jeep is at least acknowledging the intermittent parking guide issue, and has been working on a fix. The diagnosis and confirmation of this at the dealership was relatively quick and easy.
No worries at all. I've been a Land Rover fan almost as long as I have loved Jeeps.I wanted this new Defender to be similar to the last series they sold in the US. I was strongly considering it...until I saw it....looks like the product of an illigitment laison between a Honda Element and Ford Explorer. After seeing one at the dealer....they should be ashamed to call it a "Defender" and should have named it something else. On the plus side.... they are exceptionally capable off road.

gschones

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited
I am on my 4th Wrangler with Uconnect in every one of them. I have had zero issues. I guess it is like anything else out there, there will always be a badapple. Hopefully they get you fixed up.
Sponsored