Sponsored

U0418 U0432 codes and traction control button stays lite after off-roading

rcpeters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S 2019
Every-time I off-road I get U0418 and U0432 codes and traction control button stays lit even after returning to the highway. Typically the issues persist for a day and then goes away. I've taken it to dealer and and they are claiming this is normal? Clearly they are not going to be super helpful (while charging a $214 diagnostic fee).

Any suggestions on how to best track down this issue?
Sponsored

Sponsored

OP
OP

rcpeters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S 2019
Dealer doesn't want to sort anything out since I have Sport with Rubicon takeoffs. This is what they've said so far:

"SCANNED FOR DTCs AND RETRIEVED C0051-62 STEERING WHEEL POSITION SENSOR SIGNAL COMPARE FAILURE. SEARCHED FOR TSBs AND STAR CASES, NO INFO FOUND RELATED TO THE CONCERN. TURNED THE STEERING WHEEL FROM STOP TO STOP AND THE CODE DID NOT RETURN. ALSO ROAD TESTED THE VEHICLE AND DTC DID NOT SET. DURING THE ROAD TEST CHECKED THE STEERING WHEEL ALIGNMENT AND NOTICED VEHICLE HAS TRACKING CONCERNS AND DIFFICULT TO STAY CENTERED. UPON INSPECTION FOUND MODIFICATIONS ON THE SUSPENSION. CHECKED THE STEERING ANGLE READINGS ON ABS AND SCCM MODULES AND READINGS ARE CORRECT. RETRIEVED 0 DEGREES WITH WHEEL STRAIGHT. SUSPENSION IS MODIFIED CAUSING SUSPENSION WANDER WHICH CAUSES INCONSISTENT ABS STEERING ANGLE INPUTS."

My current plan is to install some control arms to correct the axle caster and also look into getting the steering wheel super strait.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Every-time I off-road I get U0418 and U0432 codes and traction control button stays lit even after returning to the highway. Typically the issues persist for a day and then goes away. I've taken it to dealer and and they are claiming this is normal? Clearly they are not going to be super helpful (while charging a $214 diagnostic fee).

Hi rcpeters,
I'm sorry to see that you are having these concerns with your vehicle. I would recommend getting a second opinion of the Jeep's condition- feel free to reach out to us privately in the future should you have any other questions.

Kathryn
JeepCares

atba

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2020
I have yet to book an appointment with the dealer for my JL having the codes U0418- invalid data revived from brake system control module. im going to attempt to find the control module and see if a wire is bad. it only came one since my last outing to go recover a TJ off a mud cliff

CactusDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2017 Porsche 911
Build Thread
Link
I got the same U0418 error with only 4k miles on my JLUR. The dealer ended up dropping my skid plates, the transmission, and the transfer case to replace a sensor on the top of the transfer case to fix it. It's bizarre that the error referenced the ABS system, but the fix was something with the transfer case.

Mojo5756

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

I have the exact same codes and issues with my JLUR. I was at Wheers for the Wounded today and had it happen when I came off the trail.

If you found a resolution I would love to know it.

OP
OP

rcpeters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S 2019
I can't be 100%, but I think my steering wheel alignment was just slightly off center. Mostly likely it was close enough for normal driving, but just enough out of spec when off off-roading. Haven't had the issue reappear since adjusting it.
Sponsored