First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
We seem to be gathering a few more U.K. owners and I was wondering whether there would be any interest in a day/s out green laning?

Up until the lockdown I’ve been going out usually one day a week to North/Mid Wales. I’d be happy to lead a group/s on lanes to suit folks requirements/ambitions. Or if that’s not geographically suitable we could look at other areas.

Beyond a couple of chips/pinstripes I’m yet to cause any damage to my Jeep, so I could easily pick non damaging lanes for those who have newish Jeeps.

I’m a member of GLASS and always follow their code of conduct....

https://www.glass-uk.org/about/our-code-of-conduct.html

So if you’re interested let’s start off by listing where we’re based and take it from there.

I have a winch and suitable recovery gear.

I live near Chester.
Sponsored

Last edited:

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
One day I have to make it to that side of the UK, and higher up. On my to do list still :)

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
We seem to be gathering a few more U.K. owners and I was wondering whether there would be any interest in a day/s out green laning?

Up until the lockdown I’ve been going out usually one day a week to North/Mid Wales. I’d be happy to lead a group/s on lanes to suit folks requirements/ambitions. Or if that’s not geographically suitable we could look at other areas.

Beyond a couple of chips/pinstripes I’m yet to cause any damage to my Jeep, so I could easily pick non damaging lanes for those who have newish Jeeps.

I’m a member of GLASS and always follow there code of conduct....

So if you’re interested let’s start off by listing where we’re based and take it from there.

I live near Chester.
Do you know of any boat conversions for a JL? I would love to go Jeeping just have to carry a lot of gas to get over there.

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
Simply order a Jeep in the UK - it will arrive by boat without need of additional fuel :)
I’ll tell you what you transfer £50,000 to my bank account and I will get in touch with you sometime next week:LOL:

Sponsored

JohnnyB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Firecracker Red,

I’m a member of GLASS and always follow their code of conduct....

I live near Chester.
Hello John, What a great idea! I'd defo be up for a spot of green laning, although a complete novice!! I'm based in Derby - Cheers Chris

OP
OP
Rudolph Hart

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Hello John, What a great idea! I'd defo be up for a spot of green laning, although a complete novice!! I'm based in Derby - Cheers Chris
Hi Chris, thanks for responding. .

Yes, we can definitely organise routes for all levels of experience. Let’s see if we get any more interest and I’ll make some suggestions.

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
I’ll tell you what you transfer £50,000 to my bank account and I will get in touch with you sometime next week:LOL:
Sure, no problem. Please send me the details of your account, and a list of options you wish the vehicle of your choice to be provided of, and I'll get you in touch with my uncle living in a far, far, away country, taking care of my money, investments, and pot of honey :)

Sorry for this silliness Rudolph ;)

Last edited:

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.2 MultiJet Diesel
Hi John, I might be interested if we could find a location that works for all of us and a route that isn't too damaging :) Is there anything around the southern lakes that would work? Probably about and hour and a half away for me.

OP
OP
Rudolph Hart

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Hi John, I might be interested if we could find a location that works for all of us and a route that isn't too damaging :) Is there anything around the southern lakes that would work? Probably about and hour and a half away for me.
Hi Tony, nice to see you here and thanks for the response.

Yes, we could do the Lake District. I don’t know if you’re aware of it but membership of GLASS gives access to Trailwise2, their online mapping. This shows every BOAT, UCR and heritage route in the U.K. The mapping for individual lanes also has user comments by other Green Laners. So it’s fairly easy to find routes to suit.

Before the lockdown I’d been planning a day in the Lake District but of course this didn’t happen. There are plenty of lanes we could look at doing, I think that would be a very nice day out.

The only downside is the current anti 4x4 sentiment amongst the locals. This is a bit of a local, political hot potato. Having said that I always smile and try to reassure antis that not all of us are idiots!

Let’s see if Chris @JohnnyB would be interested in the Lakes?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rudolph Hart

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Of course, we don’t know how long it will last but currently we can’t go to Wales.

JohnnyB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Tony, nice to see you here and thanks for the response.

Yes, we could do the Lake District. I don’t know if you’re aware of it but membership of GLASS gives access to Trailwise2, their online mapping. This shows every BOAT, UCR and heritage route in the U.K. The mapping for individual lanes also has user comments by other Green Laners. So it’s fairly easy to find routes to suit.

Before the lockdown I’d been planning a day in the Lake District but of course this didn’t happen. There are plenty of lanes we could look at doing, I think that would be a very nice day out.

The only downside is the current anti 4x4 sentiment amongst the locals. This is a bit of a local, political hot potato. Having said that I always smile and try to reassure antis that not all of us are idiots!

Let’s see if Chris @JohnnyB would be interested in the Lakes?
Hello Chaps,

I'd be more than happy to travel up to the Lake District! I've been up there a few times in the past and always had a fantastic time! I'd like to get some more miles on the JL too, especially off-road!

OP
OP
Rudolph Hart

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Ooh, I can feel a plan coming on!!

OP
OP
Rudolph Hart

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Ok, weekday or weekend day? I can be very flexible so if anybody has any dates they prefer?

JohnnyB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, weekday or weekend day? I can be very flexible so if anybody has any dates they prefer?
Thursday, Friday or the weekend would work better for me!
It would be easier for me on a Thursday, Friday or weekend! A few days notice so that I can book time off if needed, would be good!
Sponsored