First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Thursday, Friday or the weekend would work better for me!

It would be easier for me on a Thursday, Friday or weekend! A few days notice so that I can book time off if needed, would be good!
Hi Chris, that’s good. Tony @lohr500 and I are both retired so a weekday would probably be better. Obviously there are likely to be less other Laners out then. Queues of 4x4’s create lots of ammunition for the antis.

I’ve emailed the GLASS rep for Cumbria to ask for his suggestions for a nice day out. Specifically easy/non scratchy lanes. I think first hand advice will be good here.

So I’ll see what he comes back with and maybe ask him if there are good or bad days to go.

Stand by. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rudolph Hart

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
So the GLASS rep replied, he’s offered his services as a guide at £50 per vehicle lol.

Alternatively he has made some loose suggestions for a route so I’ll look into them on the maps. I enjoy ‘navigating’ so I don’t see the need for his guidance really unless anybody has a different view on this.

@lohr500 @JohnnyB

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.2 MultiJet Diesel
I'm sure if he's given you some suggestions, we can take it from there and figure it out ourselves !!

OP
OP
Rudolph Hart

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Agreed Tony.

Also I’m not sure we want somebody else setting the pace do we.

A nice scenic route at a leisurely pace is what I have in mind

JohnnyB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Firecracker Red,
Agreed Tony.

Agreed Tony.

Evening, I quite agree - particularly the leisurely pace seeing how this will be my first off road trip!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rudolph Hart

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Yes, I’ve got that Chris. Nothing difficult or too scratchy is what I asked the rep for.

I’ve got past my first pinstripe but I don’t want you guys damaging your Jeeps.

JohnnyB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I’ve got that Chris. Nothing difficult or too scratchy is what I asked the rep for.

I’ve got past my first pinstripe but I don’t want you guys damaging your Jeeps.
To be fair, I didn’t buy it to be just a ‘mall crawler’ , so a few battle scars will be looked upon as trophies!!

OP
OP
Rudolph Hart

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
@lohr500 @JohnnyB

OK, some feedback for you guys.

I have a route starting to come together quite well. Basically starting from a village called Bootle which is on the A595 close to the west coast of the Lake District and working our way across to the M6 towards Tebay. This is quite ambitious, we may not complete the route.

The weather forecast is for more showers/rain next week but shows signs of improving in the later part of the next week. So I’m going to suggest we go for our day out 2 weeks today...Thursday 16/7. Meet at 10am, This is a bit of an arbitrary date for me as I can go pretty well anytime. I do think though that it’s more sensible to go on a weekday.

Thoughts?

This is looking like a great day’s laning. Any other U.K. owners would be welcome to join us. I won’t lead a group of more than 4 vehicles (that doesn’t mean we can’t have 2 groups) So please show your interest in advance so that we can plan accordingly.

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Rudoph Hart

Sounds like a plan is coming together nicely. Thanks for taking the time on this.

The only problem is that I can only commit provisionally at this stage as we are in the middle of a fairly major house redesign. I am expecting carpet fitters and furniture deliveries over the next couple of weeks and need to be here to organise as my wife is still working. Weekdays are better for me though as most weekends we are involved at the sailing club.

I should have a better idea later next week on the timings for the house project. If, in the meantime, there is enough interest for 16/7 without me, then please press on regardless.

Thanks,
Tony

OP
OP
Rudolph Hart

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
@lohr500

Thanks Tony, let’s see what Chris thinks. I don’t have a problem with moving the date at all. I don’t have a problem with going more than once either!

All the best

Sponsored

JohnnyB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@lohr500 @JohnnyB

OK, some feedback for you guys.

I have a route starting to come together quite well. Basically starting from a village called Bootle which is on the A595 close to the west coast of the Lake District and working our way across to the M6 towards Tebay. This is quite ambitious, we may not complete the route.

The weather forecast is for more showers/rain next week but shows signs of improving in the later part of the next week. So I’m going to suggest we go for our day out 2 weeks today...Thursday 16/7. Meet at 10am, This is a bit of an arbitrary date for me as I can go pretty well anytime. I do think though that it’s more sensible to go on a weekday.

Thoughts?

This is looking like a great day’s laning. Any other U.K. owners would be welcome to join us. I won’t lead a group of more than 4 vehicles (that doesn’t mean we can’t have 2 groups) So please show your interest in advance so that we can plan accordingly.
Hi John,

Many thanks for planning this - I've had a quick look on google earth and it looks great day out!! As I mentioned before, week days are better for me too. I'll pencil this in the diary, but I'm quite flexible if it helps with the numbers.

Cheers Chris

OP
OP
Rudolph Hart

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Hi John,

Many thanks for planning this - I've had a quick look on google earth and it looks great day out!! As I mentioned before, week days are better for me too. I'll pencil this in the diary, but I'm quite flexible if it helps with the numbers.

Cheers Chris
Thanks Chris, I suggest we make a decision next Thursday. I’m really keen to get a day out in the Jeep, I’ve been missing it.

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately next week and the week after are definitely a no go for me :(

Not only are the flooring and furniture arriving, but over the weekend a tree fell on our heating oil tank in the garden, causing damage to the tank. It currently has 2500 litres of kerosene in it so needs attention. Insurance Company dragging their feet and making noises about it possibly not being covered. If they refuse to sort it, then I need to move the oil into a holding tank, replace the damaged tank and then pump the oil from the holding tank back into the new tank. Did the same thing 12 years ago when the old steel tank started to leak, so not too worried about the task ahead. Never a dull moment.

If there is enough interest from others John, then suggest you press on without me and I'll try to make it for the next trip.

OP
OP
Rudolph Hart

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Unfortunately next week and the week after are definitely a no go for me :(

Not only are the flooring and furniture arriving, but over the weekend a tree fell on our heating oil tank in the garden, causing damage to the tank. It currently has 2500 litres of kerosene in it so needs attention. Insurance Company dragging their feet and making noises about it possibly not being covered. If they refuse to sort it, then I need to move the oil into a holding tank, replace the damaged tank and then pump the oil from the holding tank back into the new tank. Did the same thing 12 years ago when the old steel tank started to leak, so not too worried about the task ahead. Never a dull moment.

If there is enough interest from others John, then suggest you press on without me and I'll try to make it for the next trip.
Thanks for letting us know Tony, sorry to hear about your troubles with the oil tank, clearly that takes priority.

I’ll try to post up a suggested day out, say once a month, hopefully you will be able to join us sometime in the future.

OP
OP
Rudolph Hart

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Ok, @JohnnyB and I are going ahead with this day out in the Lake District next Thursday 16/7.

We have a nice route planned, suitable for all levels of experience and the forecast is good.

Anybody else who would like to join us would be welcome.
Sponsored