Stinger13

First Name
Theresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Hi all,
First time posting but I’m a long time reader with a 2019 JLU Sahara v6.

My batteries completely died, changed bath of them out with no problems (thanks to all the tips on the forum with that aux battery), started my Jeep and this popped on my screen.

I had no issues before and I was not in the middle of updating anything.

I have searched the forum and have tried the soft and hard reset options but nothing is working. *I have not taken out the fuse or disconnected the battery yet.

I also tried to see if there was a download available on u-connect’s website and it started everything was up to date (no downloads available).

s there a place I can download the software to at least try before taking it to the dealer?

image.jpg
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

OP
OP
Stinger13

Stinger13

First Name
Theresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Pull the fuse for the radio and see what happens.
I just pulled and replaced F11 and F97 as well as seated most of the other fuses that were loose. But still nothing. The same error screen comes up.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

OP
OP
Stinger13

Stinger13

First Name
Theresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
To my knowledge, there have not been any updates for the 7" radio.
That is what I have found from my research as well. And no software downloads.

I’m trying to avoid wasting time and money taking it to the dealer for them just to tell me I need a new unit and charging me an $85 “diagnostic charge”.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I’m trying to avoid wasting time and money taking it to the dealer for them just to tell me I need a new unit and charging me an $85 “diagnostic charge”.
Unless you are over on mileage, the radio is fully covered under warranty and there should be zero diagnostic charge/fee nor any other.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
You are correct, the update I posted is for a 8.4" not a 7", sadly, I am not aware of updates for the 7" being "in the wild".

OP
OP
Stinger13

Stinger13

First Name
Theresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Unless you are over on mileage, the radio is fully covered under warranty and there should be zero diagnostic charge/fee nor any other.

I have 71,000 on it. So as far as I am aware it would not be covered under warrently.

Sponsored

ZlpJL

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep JL
I have 71,000 on it. So as far as I am aware it would not be covered under warrently.
Did you ever come up with a solution? Same exact thing happened to me.

OP
OP
Stinger13

Stinger13

First Name
Theresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Did you ever come up with a solution? Same exact thing happened to me.
I took it to a Jeep dealer and they were able to re install the software via jump drive. I was pretty happy that I didn’t have to get an entire new unit. It took about an hour and cost me $250. No issues since.

ZlpJL

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep JL
I took it to a Jeep dealer and they were able to re install the software via jump drive. I was pretty happy that I didn’t have to get an entire new unit. It took about an hour and cost me $250. No issues since.
Well I just left the dealership and they’re telling me I need a new radio unit. I asked them to give me the file and I will try to install it myself. Waiting on them to call me back to pick up the thumb drive

speedymart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl
Well I just left the dealership and they’re telling me I need a new radio unit. I asked them to give me the file and I will try to install it myself. Waiting on them to call me back to pick up the thumb drive
You can download the file yourself from the uconnect site.

That being said I see about 1/20 radios fail during the update and end up bricked requiring replacement. I generally don't do manual radio updates outside of warranty because of this. Very rarely can you re-update with the USB once you get the screen that OP has and have it actually take and function. Usually it gets to the end freezes and reset, or appears to take but doesn't. On the older uconnects you'd actually just end up in a boot loop which will kill the battery if not disconnected.

When we update ones outside of warranty we have to make it explicitly clear to the customer that there's like a 5% chance of it bricking itself and let them know the cost of a new radio before hand
Sponsored