Sponsored

Typical jeep owner aside, there is just no reason for people to own a Jeep Wrangler

OP
OP
LiveToWork

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
Man, the banning finger was getting itchy reading that one.......then thankfully I read the last sentence :CWL:
Im so glad to hear because i was worried that this would be my last post 😂

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Geez you make a lot of good points maybe they should make them illegal

Sponsored

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
When I first joined this forum there was a lady complaining that her new Jeep was too slow. She lived her whole life sharing the road with Jeeps and somehow thought they were fast.

The 2.0 accelerates plenty fast, but get past 80mph and things start flying off like a space shuttle on reentry. And don't even get me started on heavy cross winds driving a 2dr.

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
It's not fuel efficient, it's horrible for the environment, it's no more capable than a regular car, and it's one of the most dangerous vehicles on the road.

I had a trip out to Utah, and the rental place didn't have any other SUVs on the lot. They offered a Wrangler and I figured it would be fun. Lot was empty so I spend a little bit driving over the curbs in their lot and they come running out like madmen telling me to stop. It's a Jeep and yet it can't drive over small bumps? What a fucking joke. So apparently its not offload capable if it can't handle curbs at like 20mph.

So get on the road and head to hotel. Half way there I decide to open the sunroof which is super hard with like 6 latches, and the fucking thing flies off. There's no hinges or anything on the sunroof, it's just a big piece of plastic that's completely unsecured. Luckily it was a 30mph road so there was just scrapes on it.

After that - and for EVERY. FUCKING. DAY. Every jeep I passed would wave me down or just wave like they fucking knew me. The first few times I stopped and pulled over, but they never turned around or anything. Just randomly waving at other jeeps like jackasses. Like who the fuck were these people?

I also tried out the 4 wheel drive and the thing went soooooooooo slow. The engine was running at the fastest it would go and I was only going like 20MPH. Ridiculous. Didn't even get to drive it in 4 wheel on the dirt, after only 5 miles the whole thing started shaking and I had to turn around. Maybe 4 wheel drive is more fun in the dirt but it's god awful slow on pavement.

Sorry, I just had to share this with you guys. I found it on the internet on a reddit post. Personally I found it hilarious.
Very funny. However, it should be noted for those that are really ignorant to the Jeep Wrangler and all of it's engineering features and advancements that.... 1. It is actually a very safe vehicle. 2. No one gives a shit if it is a "required" vehicle for your type of ownership, I just love it. 3. Life is about variety and freedom of choice, IE Jeeps are just plain cool. 4. Who cares how and where you, or I drive it, it's only the business of the owner. 5. I love how they ride and drive, so take your steering issues and your wind noise and shove it up your Camry's tail pipe.

Nomod

First Name
Brien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S; '05 Pontiac GTO; '12 MBenz GLK; '99 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan; all purchased new - I tend to keep vehicles a long time
Most Wrangler owners I know don't take the top or doors off, or go off-road, or deal with snow climates. So in a way I have no idea why they bought a Wrangler to begin with.
I'm pretty much the guy you described and there are a few reasons I don't do much of what you mentioned. The main reason I have one is because I like it and it's fun as a daily driver. I've owned a number of four-wheel-drive vehicles in the past 50 years and I found them useful when needed.

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
I have been fortunate to have had many Jeep Wranglers. Since my very first one, my reason for wanting wranglers remains the same. When I clime in the feeling I get is like being with an old friend. Each and every one of them has given me that same feeling.

I love to hunt, fish, camp, and go wheeling. I have never had any of my Jeeps leave me stranded. I have had to fix um up to get me out but we came out together.

I have had some great trucks and muscle cars along the way but none of them have ever been able to take me to my JEEP ZONE.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have owned several 4x4’s and the very first was a CJ that lasted me like 3 years and the motor blew up, that was back in like 1983 and I scraped it out as back then I just didn’t have the coin then I got a IH Scout II that was a beast and sold it to farmer for a work truck and then many years later I got a 2007 Cherokee as I needed the room for family and that to was a beast and I put 189k miles on it then as the years ticked away I had several other vehicles and then in 2018 I got back to Jeeps with my Sahara and even though it’s not a Rubicon with all the goodies like lockers and aux switches and the beefier version I still love climbing into it and no I don’t rock crawl or go deep in the woods as it’s my daily driver but I do manage to go to the beach and get in the sand and also visit lots of state parks and other places in south Texas like national forests but the biggest enjoyment I get is just driving it and hearing words when I stop that say “ NICE JEEP” and my day is complete 😉
Sponsored