jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
Greetings. . .

Has anyone installed and used a TX Tag (toll tag) on the windshield of their Jeep Wrangler? I was told I had to buy a special $45 bumper mounted device (what the heck does that look like?) due to the steep windshield, but wondered what other folks were finding successful.
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I have one on the counter I need to put on. If it doesn’t read the sticker, it goes off your LP.

Brett

OP
OP
jeepixel

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have one on the counter I need to put on. If it doesn’t read the sticker, it goes off your LP.

Brett
Hey Brett, let me know if it works on your windshield or not. I'd like to the avoid having it read off the LP, as I assume then I'd be paying the higher "pay by mail" rate.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Hey Brett, let me know if it works on your windshield or not. I'd like to the avoid having it read off the LP, as I assume then I'd be paying the higher "pay by mail" rate.
The way it was explained to me by Texastag is if it fails to read they pick up the LP. If it’s in the system, they deduct the tolls from the appropriate acct. we use the toll tag maybe every other month so I’m not the best to test. When I ordered mine though, they made no mention of your concerns

Brett

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I have had an EZ Tag windshield mounted for about a month on my Jeep. I’ve had no issues. The tolls are showing in my account.

EDIT: Mine is mounted high on the center of the windshield, to the right of the ACC enclosure almost completely out of sight.

Last edited:

Sponsored

CMâ›°

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
My windshield TxTag fails to read about once a month and I get a bill in the mail. Then I have to call to get it added to my account. Sometimes if it’s a small amount, I just pay it because it’s not worth the hassle.

OP
OP
jeepixel

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks y'all, I appreciate everyone chiming in, I'll be adding it to my windshield and skipping the bumper option.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
The way it was explained to me by Texastag is if it fails to read they pick up the LP. If it’s in the system, they deduct the tolls from the appropriate acct. we use the toll tag maybe every other month so I’m not the best to test. When I ordered mine though, they made no mention of your concerns

Brett
Same deal as Florida. If you are in their system and the reader fails to pick up your transponder, they just read your plate and bill the same. For some reason I thought Texas was ahead of us with a plate reading only system

jeepin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon
I put my ntta tag behind my registration sticker. No issues yet

Sponsored

MoquitoVerde

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Mine (txtag) sits by the registration sticker. No issues so far

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Greetings. . .

Has anyone installed and used a TX Tag (toll tag) on the windshield of their Jeep Wrangler? I was told I had to buy a special $45 bumper mounted device (what the heck does that look like?) due to the steep windshield, but wondered what other folks were finding successful.
Not true. The sticker works fine in my JK and works fine in my JL. I put mine top of windshield just right of the rear view mirror.

TekSupt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2.0
I cropped this on my phone, hopefully it's not too blurry but you get the idea. Center high placement works for me so far.
5V1A1084~2.jpg
Sponsored