wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
What lift are you running?

I am running the Rancho 2" sport lift for the Rubicon. Note it is a 3 1/2" lift on non Rubicon models. It has done great on the trails and rides like a passenger car on the street. I bought the one with the XL9000 series adjustable shocks. I soften them up on the street and stiffen them up for the Dunes and other types of off roading.

The Rancho lift that I use.
Sponsored

Ismor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Ted - Your story is a badge of honor to Jeep engineers – and your driving (and maintenance). Keep it coming!

Ismor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
To clarify: What do you mean "I wish that I would have bought 67 Design stuff first instead of last"? Which "stuff" is it?

kiese02

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Wibornz, first off i would like to say "Thanks" for sharing your adventures with us on this forum. I really enjoy reading and viewing the pics you share and the places you and your wife wheel. I look forward to watching future adventures as well. I am currently planning my families first big wheeling vacation in Dec to Arizona with our JLUR. I am researching as many trails as i can so we can make lasting memories as well. Keep on wheelin!!

Sponsored

Encino Stan

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Java Developer
Love the trailer. We sleep great in it and it is easy to spend extended time out on trips with it.
Can I get more details on your E-Pro trailer? What model? Dry weight? GVWR? Indoor or outdoor kitchen? Thanks.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Can I get more details on your E-Pro trailer? What model? Dry weight? GVWR? Indoor or outdoor kitchen? Thanks.
It is an E-Pro 12RK.

a quick one minute video...

I pulled out the fridge and sold it as I run an ARB fridge in the Jeep. A microwave. It has air conditioning, and heat, came with a heated mattress. I changed that out to a memory foam mattress. There is a tv with a digital antenna and a WIFI booster. A Bluetooth am - fm radio with two zones. It is solar ready and has a 1000wat inverter that will make coffee with a regular coffee maker. Bonus..... It also has a 22 gallon fresh water tank and the sink has a quick connect hose and sprayer so you can shower. There is a roof rack and I have installed a large batwing awning. A tire step to help you reach the roof rack. A shelf that goes on the outside and comes with a grill. It also came with a bike carrier. I removed the tongue jack that came with it and added a folding tongue jack so that I could fully open the rear tail gate of the Jeep.

The info tag for the details
Jeep Wrangler JL Two Years of Wheeling, 32 badge trails 39,000+ miles, a short report out on trail damage and general observations. 1605563429056

where I moved the Jack
Jeep Wrangler JL Two Years of Wheeling, 32 badge trails 39,000+ miles, a short report out on trail damage and general observations. 1605563481945

It is cable and satellite ready.
Jeep Wrangler JL Two Years of Wheeling, 32 badge trails 39,000+ miles, a short report out on trail damage and general observations. 1605563540340

elctircal plug in. I do carry a generator during extreme heat or cold.
Jeep Wrangler JL Two Years of Wheeling, 32 badge trails 39,000+ miles, a short report out on trail damage and general observations. 1605563619462

Solar ready and city water ready.
Jeep Wrangler JL Two Years of Wheeling, 32 badge trails 39,000+ miles, a short report out on trail damage and general observations. 1605563653341

Jeep Wrangler JL Two Years of Wheeling, 32 badge trails 39,000+ miles, a short report out on trail damage and general observations. 1605563682849

Jeep Wrangler JL Two Years of Wheeling, 32 badge trails 39,000+ miles, a short report out on trail damage and general observations. 1605564074790

Jeep Wrangler JL Two Years of Wheeling, 32 badge trails 39,000+ miles, a short report out on trail damage and general observations. 1605564165655

It was 2 degrees when we woke up in the morning.
Jeep Wrangler JL Two Years of Wheeling, 32 badge trails 39,000+ miles, a short report out on trail damage and general observations. 1605564376085

It has been a great trouble free camper. I paid $9900 for it brand new. We have pulled it down many trails and all over the US.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
To clarify: What do you mean "I wish that I would have bought 67 Design stuff first instead of last"? Which "stuff" is it?
i bought a few other phone holders and tablet holders and hated them. I probably spent $150 trying not to buy the 67 Design stuff. Then bought the 67 Design and I think it is worth every penny. Sometimes quality just can not be overlooked..

Last edited:

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Ted, what can I say, you and your wife are living life. I love it. Best of luck my friend.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Great summation thus far of your journeys. Must say all your threads and posting are "must-reads".
Not just for their info, tips&tricks, great places to explore, but the way you treat your fellow Jeepers and the Jeep community, just a big hats off for just being you!

For all you've put your Rubi through and you've just twisted a couple axles, rashed your beadlocks, and nicked a fender, that's just bad-ass!

Look forward to what's next Ted (and your better half w/ sick the off-roading skills :) )

Thanks for your help too!

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Great summation thus far of your journeys. Must say all your threads and posting are "must-reads".
Not just for their info, tips&tricks, great places to explore, but the way you treat your fellow Jeepers and the Jeep community, just a big hats off for just being you!

For all you've put your Rubi through and you've just twisted a couple axles, rashed your beadlocks, and nicked a fender, that's just bad-ass!

Look forward to what's next Ted (and your better half w/ sick the off-roading skills :) )

Thanks for your help too!
Thank you for the kind words. I always say, "buy a Jeep, and you get 500 new friends." I have met some great people that I would have never met with out a Jeep..

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Ted - Your story is a badge of honor to Jeep engineers – and your driving (and maintenance). Keep it coming!

I think it is also a testimonial about how well the Rancho Rubicon 2 inch suspension has done. It rides and drives great and has tackled some very difficult trails. For $739 I don't think the ride or the performance can be beat by any lift that cost double to triple the cost. I have broke a sway bar link, but Rancho replaced it for free with out any hassle.

The Cooper STT PRO tires have done an awesome job. Not one flat and at 39,000+ miles, there is still another 15 to 20,000 miles of life in them. I have drove them hundreds of miles on pavement aired down to 8 psi. They have been spun many times heating the tires up to make a rock climb. They have been abused on just about every terrain.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

wibornz, I just finished installing the Ace stand alone tire carrier. Was not as bad of a job as I was expecting. I place a small wedge between the driver side mount and the camera and it really helped to straighten the line angle that another member pointed out. Anyway, installing a CB and antenna, did you mount your antenna to the hinge or to the hole right in the middle next to the joint? Did you need to run a separate grounding strap? 36 or 48" antenna? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
wibornz, I just finished installing the Ace stand alone tire carrier. Was not as bad of a job as I was expecting. I place a small wedge between the driver side mount and the camera and it really helped to straighten the line angle that another member pointed out. Anyway, installing a CB and antenna, did you mount your antenna to the hinge or to the hole right in the middle next to the joint? Did you need to run a separate grounding strap? 36 or 48" antenna? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
I did not need to run a separate grounding strap. I used the CB antenna mount that is built into the carrier. I did clean the hole up to bare metal so that it would ground well. I have the 48 in antenna. The funny thing is I used the CB once and have not used it again. I am probably going to un install it and add a Midland GMRS 40w radio.
Sponsored