Two wrangler family?

shannond12

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Wife drove my Moab for an extended period of time over the weekend and she really liked it. She currently has a 2019 Grand Cherokee. Mainly a daily driver but works from home so local driving pretty much is all she does. So the questions is - trade in the GC, give her my Moab and get a Rubicon and lift it with bigger tires for some of the occasional off roading that we love to do or lift the Moab and go Sahara for her? I'm thinking the former is the better route, but any thoughts on this approach?

Still have the Raptor, so any big family trips or hauling still doable with two wranglers vs the GC sticking around.
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Doesn't your MOAB already have the selectrac? If it does, then i'd go with your first choice of Rubicon. And I own a JL and JKU. Never had any problems on trips with the JKU. We just dropped the last kid off at college last month and believe me, the JKU was loaded down lol. No problems. Good luck and keep us posted with pics of your decision:like:

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Two-Jeep family here (3 if you count my son's Liberty). I see no downside to this. :LOL:

My wife has a JLUS, perfect for picking up larger items and stuff like that. I just picked up a JLS two weeks ago, my kids are very comfortable in the back, but there's a LOT less storage space in the 2-door LOL.

Sponsored

brianP

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have a Rubi and the wife has a sport, I had to do it again personally I probably should have gone with sport for myself as I am looking into a dynatrac axle swap but I can at least hand them down to the wife and then she will have upgraded axles and lockers in hers.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
I'm planning on it in a few years, once my sisters lease on her RDX is over and my stories finally take off

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
My wife got a '19 JLU Sahara a couple of months ago. The mistake she made was letting me drive it. Fast forward to today, I placed my order for a '20 JL Rubicon yesterday and am trading in my Charger Scatpack....and cannot wait!! :jk::jk:

OP
OP
shannond12

shannond12

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Doesn't your MOAB already have the selectrac? If it does, then i'd go with your first choice of Rubicon. And I own a JL and JKU. Never had any problems on trips with the JKU. We just dropped the last kid off at college last month and believe me, the JKU was loaded down lol. No problems. Good luck and keep us posted with pics of your decision:like:
Yep - live in the desert with occasional trips up to North AZ during winter and that would be only use for AWD and I already have that on the MOAB.

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

my girl wants to trade her crosstrek in for a jeep in the near future. We want to get my jeep paid off before getting a second jeep. I am just stoked she wants one too. I am not sure if will got Rubi or Sport for her. im leaning towards a rubi for her. less work i have to do to two jeeps!

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
My wife got a '19 JLU Sahara a couple of months ago. The mistake she made was letting me drive it. Fast forward to today, I placed my order for a '20 JL Rubicon yesterday and am trading in my Charger Scatpack....and cannot wait!! :jk::jk:
Whats the estimated delivery time on your Rubicon? I was told about 3 months today

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
Whats the estimated delivery time on your Rubicon? I was told about 3 months today
According to the dealer it should be here by the end of next month, if not sooner. I'm not holding my breath though, going to remain cautiously optimistic and plan on about 2 months.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
According to the dealer it should be here by the end of next month, if not sooner. I'm not holding my breath though, going to remain cautiously optimistic and plan on about 2 months.
thanks, good luck