Sponsored

Two Texas JLWranglerForums members on a Moab Adventure

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Just stumbled on this thread, great job all around and sounds like a bucket list trip. Both Jeep crews made for a good team and some nice driving by all of you. Happy trails!
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Hey thanks! You gotta do it. It’s definitely worth the trip.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Nice trip!!! :rock:

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Here’s #4 of 5 - Top of the World:
BD - Following up here, Are you using a GoPro to capture footage, and what are you using for editing software? I have to say I really liked how you sped things up especially slightly speeding it up through some of the rough stuff. Your narration was excellent, sounded totally relaxed and spontaneous. Selfishly, I hope you do more trips and share videos like this!

As to Moab and the trails, We are planning to be there later this year. We have a stock JLUR, though we have added a winch and have basic recovery gear. Fins and Things is on our list and looks very doable in our rig. In terms of the tougher trails (Poison Spider, Top of the World, etc) did you see many stock rigs? Hells Revenge looks like there are multiple options and bypasses such that we should be able to enjoy it with out too much stress

Anyway thank you for sharing, this is great stuff

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD - Following up here, Are you using a GoPro to capture footage, and what are you using for editing software? I have to say I really liked how you sped things up especially slightly speeding it up through some of the rough stuff. Your narration was excellent, sounded totally relaxed and spontaneous. Selfishly, I hope you do more trips and share videos like this!

As to Moab and the trails, We are planning to be there later this year. We have a stock JLUR, though we have added a winch and have basic recovery gear. Fins and Things is on our list and looks very doable in our rig. In terms of the tougher trails (Poison Spider, Top of the World, etc) did you see many stock rigs? Hells Revenge looks like there are multiple options and bypasses such that we should be able to enjoy it with out too much stress

Hey thank you! Really appreciate the feedback! I kinda started doing them so I could share with my family :)

I use a GoPro 9 with a suction cup mount on the windshield. I put the defrost on cold to try and keep it from overheating and I also only run it at 1080 (instead of 4K). Not sure if either helps but I haven’t had it overheat. Image stabilization on these things are incredible. Sometimes I’ll pull it out of the window to record but often I’ll just use my phone.

I’m using adobe premiere elements. I tried it probably 10 years ago and it was garbage, but now, I have to say I’m impressed. It has a lot of capabilities and it’s less than $100.

I’m really self conscious of how I sound I sound so much thanks for the confidence boost there!

I’ve got one almost ready on my 67 Designs phone holder but that’s not terribly exciting. After that I’m hoping to put something together from the run @BradyW @BoatTox and us made to Hot Springs ORV a few weeks ago.

After that… not sure. Want to hit Big Bend again but need to do that in the Fall. Also want to hit Colorado again (BoH collecting) but have to talk my wife into it.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sorry, forgot to answer the other part.
We only did the bottom part of Fins (in red) and I don’t recall there being anythingyou should worry about.
Jeep Wrangler JL Two Texas JLWranglerForums members on a Moab Adventure 72550652-7827-4C2E-8A43-9F663565DA72

if you haven’t already watched the Hells Revenge guide by Colorado4x4 definitely watch those. It gives a great overview of the trail and help you make a solid decision. We did pass a stock gladiator sport on it but not sure how far they went.

Poison and TotW I don’t remember seeing any stock Could it be done? Probably. But I don’t know that I would feel comfortable doing them stock. But I’m still the weak link in the whole setup :)

I’d recommend doing Elephant hill though. Just get your pass. You can do it online the day before, the rangers were on the trail checking.

CopperMtnGuy

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler, 2005 KJ
Beautiful pictures. Taking my (basically stock) JL out there in September!

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
Lot of fun, beautiful Country.. đź‘Ť

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
Sorry, forgot to answer the other part.
We only did the bottom part of Fins (in red)
Jeep Wrangler JL Two Texas JLWranglerForums members on a Moab Adventure 72550652-7827-4C2E-8A43-9F663565DA72
Was the whole run a gpx track you downloaded from somewhere ?

Hmm.. is there a gpx sharing thread.. that would actually be very cool.
Sponsored