Sponsored

Two places gave same part # for left and right springs....?

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I found an Unlimited Rubicon VIN to use to source coil springs with but I called two places and both people gave one part number for the front springs and one part number for the rear springs. 68253662AC for the fronts and they gave 68253591AA for the rears.

I thought each corner had it’s own part number?
Sponsored

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
I'm curious as to why the springs would be different from left to right? Honestly I think there is no way in heck that they are, but I'd love to hear some reasoning behind this if anyone knows.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I’m sure it’s a good lift. I wanted a Rubicon and that didn’t come to fruition so I would like to go with common Rubicon parts for the most part. Maybe I’ll change my mind later but I have younger kids for now and I’d like them to pull themselves into the Jeep. This is the compromise for me.
To each their own. You're looking at less than an inch in height difference, as well as the rest of the parts to center your axles and adjust your caster. It will drive better than any stock Rubicon.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
To each their own. You're looking at less than an inch in height difference, as well as the rest of the parts to center your axles and adjust your caster. It will drive better than any stock Rubicon.
Yep

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
On the Mopar lift each corner gets a different spring. I sold my stock springs so I can't check but seems the same would be true for them.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
From what I have been able to gather so far, most passenger side springs are 1-2 numbers higher than the driver side springs. I haven't been able to determine why some are +1 and others are +2 yet.

Capture.JPG

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
From what I have been able to gather so far, most passenger side springs are 1-2 numbers higher than the driver side springs. I haven't been able to determine why some are +1 and others are +2 yet.

Capture.JPG
Hmm. So going by that chart and the parts guys only giving me one part number for both sides (they may fit but it’s not correct) then I’d need the 660 or 661 to go with the 662 they said I needed up fron? Then they said 591 for the rear so would I match that with 590 or 592 putting the higher number on the right side?

I’m hoping all else, like the 2.0 w/Etorque, hardtop, steel bumpers, and tow group are a match for the springs. I’m not sure I see how to determine that from the chart. Did you make it?

Looks like I’m halfway there if I can use this chart. I just need to know which pairs for my 2.0 with Etorque.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Hmm. So going by that chart and the parts guys only giving me one part number for both sides (they may fit but it’s not correct) then I’d need the 660 or 661 to go with the 662 they said I needed up fron? Then they said 591 for the rear so would I match that with 590 or 592 putting the higher number on the right side?

I’m hoping all else, like the 2.0 w/Etorque, hardtop, steel bumpers, and tow group are a match for the springs. I’m not sure I see how to determine that from the chart. Did you make it?

Looks like I’m halfway there if I can use this chart. I just need to know which pairs for my 2.0 with Etorque.
I made the chart as an ongoing attempt to figure out if I can see what spring is used where. So far, the results are inconclusive.

Yes, I would go with +1 on all the passenger side springs. Another option would be to find the VIN of the exact suspension you want (online through a dealer), and PM @AllMoparParts.com for the spring part numbers.

FWIW: if you want slightly more lift than a (gas) Rubicon, I would wait for the 3.0 Rubicon to be released. It is supposed to be a couple hundred pounds heavier, which should give an OEM-ish lift to the gas Rubicons.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I made the chart as an ongoing attempt to figure out if I can see what spring is used where. So far, the results are inconclusive.

Yes, I would go with +1 on all the passenger side springs. Another option would be to find the VIN of the exact suspension you want (online through a dealer), and PM @AllMoparParts.com for the spring part numbers.

FWIW: if you want slightly more lift than a (gas) Rubicon, I would wait for the 3.0 Rubicon to be released. It is supposed to be a couple hundred pounds heavier, which should give an OEM-ish lift to the gas Rubicons.
Thanks for the helpful info! And is it assumed that the higher the number, the taller the spring?

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT

THANK YOU!! I was just sitting down to make my own table of PNs but you saved me a tone of research time.

This table should be in a Sticky!

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
THANK YOU!! I was just sitting down to make my own table of PNs but you saved me a tone of research time.

This table should be in a Sticky!
I was waiting to see if I can make sense of everything before creating a post. Still need more data though.

Do you mind checking your spring numbers and listing your Jeeps options? This goes for anyone who wants to contribute.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I was waiting to see if I can make sense of everything before creating a post. Still need more data though.

Do you mind checking your spring numbers and listing your Jeeps options? This goes for anyone who wants to contribute.
I think it was Arterius who shared this screenshot back in Sept. on the “Rubicon Springs on Sahara” thread. It shows a 3.0. Maybe these are what you are looking for.

2ECA656E-C239-401E-8E8E-B5FCF3BE34D7.jpeg

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I think it was Arterius who shared this screenshot back in Sept. on the “Rubicon Springs on Sahara” thread. It shows a 3.0. Maybe these are what you are looking for.

2ECA656E-C239-401E-8E8E-B5FCF3BE34D7.jpeg
This is from the Mopar lift kit instructions. The Mopar "2 inch" lift is more than I want, due to garage door height limitations. I'm actually looking for the stock 3.0 JLUR springs, as I am guessing they should lift my 2.0 JLR around 1 inch.

I know I could easily do this with spacers, but there is something about using all factory parts that appeals to me. I already have the Mopar lift kit arms, and will consider the sway bar endlinks too if needed.
Sponsored