First Name
nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sting grey JLUR
Clubs

looks fun

I'm going in a few weeks with a stock JLUR with the jeep adventure academy.

You now kinda make me want to add a bunch of stuff before the trip

maybe I can get some 315 ko2s before .
Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
PSA: There are rattlesnakes on the trail. My wife had a close encounter with one inside a rubicon springs porta-potty. We are quite fortunate she didn’t get bit. She quickly jumped out of the way. The same porta-potty had been used by several kids earlier that morning.

So keep your eyes peeled!

7B8C950B-344B-47AD-AAF1-BD6A6518CFEF.jpeg
How did this snake in the picture die?

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looks like his head fell off
i wasn't being sarcastic. And I am NOT suggesting OP was the one who killed this snake.

i was making a point that humans SUCK in general. We take our rigs into remote wilderness areas (Tahoe Natl Forest) and somehow decide that we should just kill a native animal just because it poses a *potential* threat- to us, in their natural habitat. That is about as crappy as deciding to go deep into the ocean and just kill a shark because of it has sharp teeth.

The message should be: be mindful, be careful, tread lightly, RESPECT ALL native wildlife and if you can't deal with idea of the *potential* threat a native animal possesses while you are out exploring wild, remote, protected landsthen stay home.

sorry for likely getting this thread shut down...

Sponsored

Cookie Monster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLURT
Vehicle Showcase
How did this snake in the picture die?
One of the staff members at rubicon springs took care of the snake. I think the issue is the snake chose an outhouse as a home which is a very dangerous situation. We had small children using that same outhouse earlier that morning, which could have resulted in life threatening injuries.

The same staff member asked we share our snake encounter to raise awareness.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One of the staff members at rubicon springs took care of the snake. I think the issue is the snake chose an outhouse as a home which is a very dangerous situation. We had small children using that same outhouse earlier that morning, which could have resulted in life threatening injuries.

The same staff member asked we share our snake encounter to raise awareness.
understand, but i think what you meant was that WE chose to build an outhouse in the wilderness where norpacs live. He/she could have put it in a bucket and moved it. Or... we could just be vigilant with kids while using an outhouse in the woods where rattlesnakes live...

nhemenwa

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Nice write up @RubiTuesday! That looks like a ton of fun. I can imagine the 'coal miner' kids at the end, lol. I hope the whole fam enjoyed it. Next time I'll go with ya and you can just winch me the whole way, haha.

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast
Can I ask how the wheels you both had compared during the trail? Did you run beadlocks and did the Rubi wheels present any issues? Were either an advantage and/or did you see anything that makes you want to change your wheel set from either the beadlock wheelset or Rubi wheels?

Thank you....I know I'm pestering you with seemingly useless questions, but I'm about to life and increase my wheel size (I recognize that there are lots of threads on this) and would love to hear how you both compare the two wheelsets.

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Dakota T56, 2015 Hemi Ram
understand, but i think what you meant was that WE chose to build an outhouse in the wilderness where norpacs live. He/she could have put it in a bucket and moved it. Or... we could just be vigilant with kids while using an outhouse in the woods where rattlesnakes live...
Yeah, and put down foam mattresses on all the rocks they crawled over. Those poor rocks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
RubiTuesday

RubiTuesday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Can I ask how the wheels you both had compared during the trail? Did you run beadlocks and did the Rubi wheels present any issues? Were either an advantage and/or did you see anything that makes you want to change your wheel set from either the beadlock wheelset or Rubi wheels?
Bottom line, there was no practical difference in our wheels.

Neither one of us ran a beadlock wheel. I have Method 701’s. @Cookie Monster has Quadratec Morphics (which look like OEM Rubicon wheels, but are wider and have less backspace than OEM). We both ran at 13psi and neither of us had any issues with losing a bead or with insufficient traction, so we didn’t feel the need to experiment further. Had I felt the need to soften the ride or get more traction, I was prepared to drop lower and test Method’s “Bead Grip” feature, but there was no need. If anything, we might have increased pressure in an effort to gain a fraction of an inch in clearance - but then traction/ride/etc. might have suffered.

The only observable difference in wheels was a product of backspacing. My wheels have 4.75” of backspace while his have 5.2”. The difference in overall width was noticeable at times, but never an issue.

Last edited:

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast
Awesome. Ok. That’s great info. I appreciate the answer!

RUBIjm54

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Occupation
Airport Planner
@RubiTuesday and @Cookie Monster thanks for sharing your experience and photos. Definitely a bucketlist item for me too. However, I am just getting into off-roading. So just curious how many years of experience do you all have, sounds like you are both well versed in the off-roading do's and don'ts. Alot I still have to learn through doing...

Cookie Monster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLURT
Vehicle Showcase
@RubiTuesday and @Cookie Monster thanks for sharing your experience and photos. Definitely a bucketlist item for me too. However, I am just getting into off-roading. So just curious how many years of experience do you all have, sounds like you are both well versed in the off-roading do's and don'ts. Alot I still have to learn through doing...
This is my first Jeep, bought in July 2019. With the temp tags still on I hit my first trail. We hit several trails in Colorado that summer. After moving to Virginia, I’ve been fairly active with a local club, nova jeepers. I still consider myself a novice, but I’ve learned a bunch since joining the Jeep community.