Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
So we expected to leave for a 11+month Jeep traveling, wheeling, camping and hiking trip January 1st. Note it is now past January 1st. So we were nearly ready to leave on January 1st, but nine months ago, one of our traveling partners daughter threw a wrench into our plan. She had sex. Yup sex, note she is in her early thirties so not really that amazing, but she got pregnant and her due date was December 28th. Still no baby. Baby is running late. Can't really leave and say hey catch up when you can or expect him to miss the birth of his granddaughter. They are going to induce her on Monday or Tuesday so it should be go time.

So the weather here in Michigan was warm for the 1st of January and we packed the Jeep and camper up. Late yesterday and last night it snowed and the road turned icy. Probably luck that we delayed leaving to our first stop in Kentucky for a badge trail and the weather there was shit also.

So we sit in a house with zero food as we donated it all as I we did not want food in the house while we were gone. Can you imagine the furnace stops working, can goods freeze and explode, the weather gets warm and then open can goods sitting in a hot house all summer. Yuck. We will need about an hour to drain the water out of the house, shut off the well, and winterize the house fully. We have sold off the extra vehicles and toys, and can pretty much walk away from the house for a year. I have taught the neighbor how to use the tractor to plow his driveway, part of my driveway and my sisters driveway. My sister is mowing the yard and doing yard work while we are gone.

I had meant to do some Youtube videos prior to us leaving, but it took 5 months to get a different bumper for the Jeep, then the locker failed and that took 4 weeks to get fixed, got the Jeep back and the bumper on about two weeks ago, then last week, the Jeep started throwing codes, so it was at the dealership for a week. It had a leaking valve cover gasket that was dripping on to an O2 sensor. They fixed that under warranty. I have approximately 600 miles before the Jeep is out of Warranty. Usually that stuff happens just out of warranty. So I did not get the Jeep back until December 31st. Brought it home, hooked the camper up and got it up by the garage to be loaded. So we are ready, maybe call my bud and tell him take her for another Jeep ride. There will be some Youtube videos, and introduction, some walk around of our Jeeps and campers, and tales from the trails as we travel from Michigan to the Mexico border then to Dead Horse Alaska and back to Michigan. Wheeling, hiking and camping in all of the states west of Texas while going north. Six years of dreaming, three years of honing our skills and setting up our Jeeps have lead to this point.

Can't wait to head south.
Jeep Wrangler JL Two days out. Seem Like a Month. BIG Trip 1641134776147

If we left yesterday, zero snow, woke up to this. FUCK.

The Jeeps and campers that are going on this adventure.

Jeep Wrangler JL Two days out. Seem Like a Month. BIG Trip 1641135810300

Since we are leaving on Tuesday, I have to throw this video on here because I often have people that follow me will say that looked like an awesome vacation and I always say we are not on vacation, this is just what we did on Tuesday.

I have 158 pins dropped on a google map fro the trip. This does not include any of the places we plan to wheel like badge trails or any of the wheeling and exploring while in National, state or BML areas. We know that we will not be able to hit them all in 11 months, but it gives us options.

Jeep Wrangler JL Two days out. Seem Like a Month. BIG Trip 1641136144664

I will build a thread as we go.

This is a thread link that I did back in September about this adventure if you missed it.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-boarder-to-dead-horse-alaska-and-back.79295/

Just know that there will be YouTube video about sewing a quilt on a mountain pass sometime during this trip as my wife is bringing fabric, and a sewing machine with her and like 23 different pairs of shoes.
Sponsored

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Good luck with the trip and keep us posted with pictures.

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Have fun, be safe, and keep us posted, Ted! Many of us are living vicariously through you. Many thanks for all your sage advice.

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
She had sex. Yup sex, note she is in her early thirties so not really that amazing, but she got pregnant and her due date was December 28th. Still no baby. Baby is running late. Can't really leave and say hey catch up when you can or expect him to miss the birth of his granddaughter.
I would have her post up the birth on facebook or snapchat LOL!!

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
Sounds like it’s going to be a great trip. Congrats!!!!

Sponsored

brennaman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 WK 2014 JK, 2021 JLR snazzberry
Occupation
damn near retired
Hope they open the NW territories by the time you are heading up there. The trip to Tuk is incredible. I was planning on taking my wife up to Tuk and Prudhoe Bay this summer also, it was our retirement trip. But I am waiting till I know it will all be open. I went to both on a bike, and all the wife had to enjoy from it was pictures.

When camping in BC and Yukon, you can't go wrong. Every night you will think you found the best place ever, only to say the same thing night after night.

I am sure you did your research, so have fun.

MassMopar

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JT Mojave, 23 JLR
Best of luck, sounds like an adventure already!

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
You did the right thing, even if it sucks ;)

I know I and many others will be watching jealously. Looking forward to see your trip posts. Take care, and enjoy!

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Bon voyage! 👍

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

man that looks like a heck of a trip Ted. Y'all be safe and best wishes to your buddy, his daughter and her new bundle of joy!.... clicking the watch thread so we can follow along your trip!

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
just a thought, if your wife is making a quilt, when your in different places buy a patch for her to add to the quilt. I used to/still sorta do collect shot glasses, i have them from all over the country and a few from across the ponds that friends have gotten for me. last count was over 550) I think that a hand made quilt, on a trip, with a souvenir patch made into t would be one hell of a keepsake from your trip.
hope you have a safe trip, one day ill get to Alaska. If you come thru va hit me up would love to meet.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
That's a fabulous itinerary. Looking forward to your posts along the way.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Gotta keep up with this one, going to be an epic journey, but hey, that's how you roll!
Sponsored