Sponsored

Two days in a JK and I’m ready for a JL

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I think this is one area Jeep should improve in next go-round (in 10 years maybe?). Once you've used the SunRider there's no going back to the Freedom panels...
Jeep needs to seriously sit down and engineer a totally new top that has the heft and security of a hard top, but is still modular and convertible like a soft one. Granted, there would probably be some caveats and sacrifices in certain areas, but the only reason I don't run the soft top year-round is because of the continued use of whatever shit plastic material Jeep can't seem to let go of for the windows and the fact anyone can pull the panels out from the outside. If they could improve those two areas, I'd ditch the hard top completely.
Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Living in tropical Florida, I just cannot see using a soft top. My house is in a jungle. Thunderstorms everyday in the summer, tropical storms and hurricanes - branches fall, pounds of Spanish moss falls. The hard top feels more secure. Then there is the issue of running into town. I cannot see having a vehicle with soft top that can be breached easily from the outside. It’s a security issue for me. I would love the freedom of a soft top, but I have to deal with the unfortunate reality.

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
Why all the negativity toward the early JK’s? I have 140k on my 2008. Original owner. Runs great. I don’t get it.

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
My driveway is a bit of a hill so I know those door detents are helping me everytime I get in or out, but I wish they didnt exist. Along with some other JL things. Simple simple simple simple simple..... thats what attreacted me when I was driving a JK to buy a Jeep.
Unscrew them. Gone and you’re happier I guess?
Sponsored