Sponsored

Two days in a JK and I’m ready for a JL

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Lol I had one of the early build JK, zero issues other than the airbag and fuel line recall, sounds like you should buy a BMW or Merc since Wranglers make you so bitter.
My contempt for the early JK means I'm bitter about all Wranglers?
Sponsored

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
YJ, TJ, JKR, JKUR, JLUR
Each was a big improvement on the previous. I saw a utube video where a reviewer listed over 50, yes FIFTY improvements on the JL vs the JK.
My punk’n So far, is my favourite, but it’s not been tested off road yet.

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I rode in my sister’s 2016 JK and for a vehicle that’s only 3 years older than my 2019 it kind of sucked for modern conveniences. No Bluetooth, the most rudimentary of radios, dashboard and interior looked terrible, and as she’s getting out the door keeps banging into her legs because it doesn’t have a swing stop. My daughter’s 2007 Altima had more advanced features.

I know a lot of people like their Jeeps specifically because it lacks those little extras, but daily driving that vehicle would not be fun.

JLRoachicon

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo, 2006 Ducati 999S (RIP)
Vehicle Showcase
I really loved my 2013 JKU Sahara, at the time. Now, I could never go back. The JL is so much more. Everything everyone as stated from the engine to the trans applies. I had the Pentastar 3.6 and now have the 2.0t, I really enjoy driving the JL, whether it’s s quick trip to Home Depot or a longer coast drive.

JK;:
4BCAD2FF-F4B7-4284-A990-3F1B53BDD853.jpeg

JL

E9BC99D3-E504-4A96-ADDA-71AEF08CBE7C.jpeg

I really like white, :) Similar but sooo different. The JL is so much more.

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
I really loved my 2013 JKU Sahara, at the time. Now, I could never go back. The JL is so much more. Everything everyone as stated from the engine to the trans applies. I had the Pentastar 3.6 and now have the 2.0t, I really enjoy driving the JL, whether it’s s quick trip to Home Depot or a longer coast drive.

JK;:

JL

That’s a good looking Rig !

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hudson

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I really loved my 2013 JKU Sahara, at the time. Now, I could never go back. The JL is so much more. Everything everyone as stated from the engine to the trans applies. I had the Pentastar 3.6 and now have the 2.0t.
So do you miss the V6? I’ve been reevaluating the 2.0t vs V6, and thought I was sold on the turbo but will wait to drive the non-BSG. It’s a daily driver for me so if I can get mid 20s that would be ideal.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara

JK;:

JL

Which doors are those, and do you like them, any issues?

Medictrode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2017 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
JKv1, as stated before sucked with that 3.8 and the transmission. However when they first put the 3.6 into the JKv2 there were many issues, like cracked manifolds and rocker arm bearings that would go bad. I am hopeful that they worked all those issues out, some of which I had on my '13 JKU. I am loving the JLUR thus far and it's a beast on the trail and while climbing. I just wish it didn't have as much electronic stuff, but that's how it is with all vehicles these days...

The one night I was out in the woods with the JLUR and I had to pull over and pull the fuse for the uConnect system because it was completely frozen and the heat was somehow stuck on high(and it was a warm night).. A park police officer happened to be in the woods and checked on me, asked if I needed assistance and what was wrong.. I told him and he was a bewildered as I was that a new vehicle needed such attention.

JLRoachicon

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So do you miss the V6? I’ve been reevaluating the 2.0t vs V6, and thought I was sold on the turbo but will wait to drive the non-BSG. It’s a daily driver for me so if I can get mid 20s that would be ideal.
I don’t miss that V-6 at all. The 2.0t feels quicker, lighter, smoother, etc. I am amazed every time I drive it.

JLRoachicon

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

JLRoachicon

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Which doors are those, and do you like them, any issues?
These are Body Armor trail doors. I really like them a lot. I had them on my TJ, JK, and now on my JL. They close tightly and are pretty quiet.
The assembly and adjustments take a little time but I think it’s worth it.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Presently renting an '18 JK in Maui.... overall it's pretty nice.

Minor pet-peeve: the push button door handles suck compared to the JL design.

Medium pet-peeve: the gate shifter for the auto SUCKS!

But I wouldn't say it's much inferior to a JL... although I'll be ready to get back to my JL

edit: Thrifty Rental pushes the Wrangler HARD. All their present marketing photos are of the JL. I "upgraded" to the Wrangler 'cause the gf really wanted a Wrangler - who am I to argue if the woman insists on a Jeep???

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
Engine and transmission, yes. Interior refresh looked nice. But suspension, look, etc pretty much stayed the same.
There are dozens of things both big and small different and improved. How about hood latches? Door detects? Vastly improved soft top? Lighter freedom panels? Could name 50 improvements. And they don’t look the same from any direction unless you’re blind. You minimize the interior like its a minor refresh, that’s funny. The JK infotainment is like a 2007 Atari....and the 8.4 Uconnect is an Xbox one. EVERYTHING is better on the interior.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Actually, the Freedom panels in any fashion confuse me. There's not much freedom since you're tethered to the damn things like a ball and chain....where to store them, etc

I think this is one area Jeep should improve in next go-round (in 10 years maybe?). Once you've used the SunRider there's no going back to the Freedom panels....

I think this same conversation in 2029 when people have the JM?? will be "remember when you had to stop, remove those massive panels, walk around the back, open tailgate, curse as shit falls out, and then try to cram the massive panels alongside your cooler and bags?"

See, I'm already starting the JL vs "JM" debate (I realize it may not be coded as JM of course) ;)

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
My driveway is a bit of a hill so I know those door detents are helping me everytime I get in or out, but I wish they didnt exist. Along with some other JL things. Simple simple simple simple simple..... thats what attreacted me when I was driving a JK to buy a Jeep.
Sponsored