Twilight Zone order

onepluto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Y
Anybody order a 2020 JLU Diesel and have the Dealer and FCA giving you totally different data? Dealer notes delivery by end of March but FCA just sent an email that we are looking mid-April to start due to part delays. So who has the truth and is there any way to validate one or the other? When I placed the order I informed the dealer that I had a max of 8 weeks and if they could not meet that it was a non-start, guess the battery died somewhere.
Sponsored

haeriphos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Mine's delayed as well, Jeep says until April due to the EGR cooler (dealership hadn't heard anything about it when I let them know). I also got my own Jeep Cares rep assigned to my order who will supposedly keep me updated.

OP
OP
onepluto

onepluto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Y
That mirrors what the Care agent said when she called me earlier this week. My next Care update is schedule for 3/20 from them with the dealer getting me excited with a ship date of 3/10.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Anybody order a 2020 JLU Diesel and have the Dealer and FCA giving you totally different data? Dealer notes delivery by end of March but FCA just sent an email that we are looking mid-April to start due to part delays. So who has the truth and is there any way to validate one or the other? When I placed the order I informed the dealer that I had a max of 8 weeks and if they could not meet that it was a non-start, guess the battery died somewhere.
Here is over 250 pages of folks in the same boat.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/start-of-3-0-production.39520/page-244#post-1042445

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes.

In fact, just had that happen today, albeit not for a Diesel.

Dealer texted me on Friday that my JLUR was in transit. I asked for an ETA and they indicated it could be anywhere between Friday and Monday. I got antsy today with anticipation and, instead of bothering the dealer, I used Jeep Chat, who indicated it was scheduled to ship and I should check back with them next week.

Point being that yes, I just received different data from the dealer and FCA. Although, my situation isn't as drastic as yours, as my delivery is imminent, likely within a week, whereas yours hasn't even been built yet. Sorry to hear you have so much uncertainty with your order.

Sponsored

OP
OP
onepluto

onepluto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Y
Thanks and congrats on the imminet delivery! The Care agent that called seem to be the one I'm most inclined to trust as she called out the EGR cooler as the part holding production with me and haeriphos as noted above. I wanted to practice patience in 2020 and oh boy is this a good test. Know it will be worth it when it finally arrives and get to put all the lego parts on I'm collecting.

UTES

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Sahara, 2018 AMG GT, 2019 MB GLC
Occupation
Retired LEO
Been there, my friends. My VIN # was finally found yesterday two months after my order was placed. So, I'm watching for a Window Sticker now. I don't recall that ordering a vehicle was this difficult before, or that it took so long.

Hunter

haeriphos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Mine's built and was JB status last I checked. Also have a build sheet available, so things are moving faster than anticipated now.

ASMSAS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
Fiat-Chrysler manufacturing in Italy was shut down this week due to the rapid spread of CV there. Thats probably going to cause some parts delays and production delays. I wouldn't place an order now unless I had 6 mo to wait. Find it in stock somewhere and buy it before the price goes up.

OP
OP
onepluto

onepluto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Y
From the Chat and confirmed by dealer mine is built and in inspection, hoping it passes quickly and ship. Hopefully there are enough in the factories to fill the orders on deck now.

Sponsored

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Oh cool another thread complaining about peoples orders not being completed fast enough.

OP
OP
onepluto

onepluto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Y
Oh cool another thread complaining about peoples orders not being completed fast enough.
No that's beat up enough in other threads, this one is more about the various answers you get on the delays in the orders.

Overland Utah

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I work for a dealership and am somewhat familiar with the frustration that customers often face when doing a sold order. It has been my experience that Eco Diesel’s in general take longer to build because the engine and many if its parts come from overseas. It is also my understanding that Jeep is only building JL Eco Diesel’s as sold orders, or that is what I was told. FCA prioritizes sold orders over dealer inventory orders, so I would expect that they will not be seen on dealers lots for some time especially with the current virus situation.

For many of our orders a typical build time is 6-8 weeks, I just had a 1500 Laramie built for a customer in 4 weeks and it is now shipping, but sometimes that can even be unpredictable based on how busy the rails are. Also, I have seen different options on Jeeps take longer. When first released the LED light group and steel bumpers as an option could add a few weeks because they were running low on parts.

I would say that a sold order is still the best bet if you are wanting one first, and if it does take longer than expected many dealers would be willing to let you back out of the order or put your deposit towards another vehicle (As they would get an Eco Diesel for their inventory).
Sponsored