Twice back to dealer in two weeks…

AG’s ‘ 21 Jeep Wrangler

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Starting to wonder if I made the right decision. Bought my 2021 Wrangler Sport S two weeks ago. Took it for service already once for loose/wandering steering, got the “they all drive like that” response, now for a coolant leak with 280 miles on the odometer. I hope this is not a sign of things to come because I really like my Jeep…
Sponsored

jeeeeeeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Steering - Check your tire pressures vs the sticker in the door jamb. GFs Jeep was at 45psi cold vs the 37(?) on the door. Lowered the pressures and it was much better.

Coolant - :🤷:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Which engine do you have?
Like everyone else mentioned, double check the tire pressure.

OP
OP
AG’s ‘ 21 Jeep Wrangler

AG’s ‘ 21 Jeep Wrangler

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys. I have my tires down to 36 from the 38 they recommend. Might try 32 or 34 but not sure if the low tire icon will come on. Car at dealer now about coolant leak.

Last edited:

Sponsored

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
FWIW, my 21 Willys with 12 K has been great. NO trips to the dealer, no wandering steering. I do my own oil changes and tire rotations. Absolutely loving mine.
Is the coolant leaking to the point that there is a puddle on the drive?? Make sure they didn't top off your fluids and spill some.

G.

OP
OP
AG’s ‘ 21 Jeep Wrangler

AG’s ‘ 21 Jeep Wrangler

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Coolant leak leaves a small puddle on the garage every night. Also, my coolant tank was very low. Honestly don’t know why the coolant reservoir tank is black and you have to open it to see the level. This doesn’t make a lot off sense…

8A15B843-4017-4DC9-9117-31056CA34FDB.jpeg

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I have the 2.0 L Turbo engine.
'21 3.6 has eTorque and some additional cooling lines. I was just curious if the cooling lines might have been your problem? It's not though because your '21 2.0T has the ESS start stop system.

The 2.0T is s excellent engine in my opinion. I owned a '19 JLR with the 2.0T but mine had the eTorque system and not the ESS system yours has. The 2.0 and eTorque ran flawless and was 100% trouble free for the 2.5 years and 20K miles I owned it.

I did have several warranty issues within my 2.5 year ownership period though. None engine related. Problems started to surface after 18-24 months. Warranty covered everything and I was given a loaner for most repairs.

It's hard to see the leak in the picture you circled above. Is the leak coming from one of those small coolant hoses? Maybe a coolant line for the turbo?

Hopefully its just a bad or loose clamp. Or maybe a defective hose or fitting.

86Scotty

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Hey OP, do you have an update? I just discovered the same leak this weekend. I'm assuming by your pic this is on the left side of the block kind of under turbo right by the motor mount. That's what your pic looks like and that is where mine is.

From underneath mine looks like that same junction. Slow leak for me, maybe a drop on the driveway a few times a day. Added coolant once but now I know where it is and will be taking it in.
Sponsored