Sponsored

Tuttle Creek Trip 4/28

blue_meany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Last minute! But planning on wheeling tomorrow at Tuttle Creek, near Manhattan KS. Gonna be traveling from the KC area early in the morning and make a day trip out of it. Wanted to put it out there and see if anyone was interested!
Sponsored

DKAwildcat

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara, 2008 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster, & 2015 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
Last minute! But planning on wheeling tomorrow at Tuttle Creek, near Manhattan KS. Gonna be traveling from the KC area early in the morning and make a day trip out of it. Wanted to put it out there and see if anyone was interested!
I get to Manhattan often, but have never been to the ORV park. I’m new to off-reading. Are there many easy to moderate trails and are they identified on a map? I won’t be able to go tomorrow, but would love to get out there sometime this spring.

OP
OP
blue_meany

blue_meany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I get to Manhattan often, but have never been to the ORV park. I’m new to off-reading. Are there many easy to moderate trails and are they identified on a map? I won’t be able to go tomorrow, but would love to get out there sometime this spring.
I will let you know. It is my first time going out there. From what I hear there is a little something for everyone.

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
How was the wheeling at Tuttle with the JL? I've been up there several times but never with a rig as expensive as my JLUR and I'm a bit concerned about body damage/pin striping.

OP
OP
blue_meany

blue_meany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
How was the wheeling at Tuttle with the JL? I've been up there several times but never with a rig as expensive as my JLUR and I'm a bit concerned about body damage/pin striping.
just got done removing the 75 lbs of mud that was left over. Lol. It wasn’t too bad. Pin striping was very minimal. The trails seemed to be pretty well maintained in that aspect.

However, I did manage to crunch by drivers side taillight. Tbh, it was more driver error than anything. I had to reverse just slightly to bump up a ledge and just barely kissed a small tree after stopping and sliding about a foot due to mud. Cracked the plastic.

I’m on a 2.5 in lift, 37s with steel bumpers etc... JLUR did great. I didn’t attempt some obstacles just because I knew my Jeep wasn’t capable without risking some major damage or breakage, but it went up and down most ledges, rock faces fairly well. A couple butt pucker moments, but it performed surprisingly well for being a longer wheel base in that trail system.

Overall, it was a good time. There are some pretty gnarly rock faces, but also just simple trails with the occasional mud bog. I do wish it was better marked. Following the map was helpful, but you can get turned around in there pretty quick with the lack of signage etc.

Sponsored

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Did you wheel with the top and doors on? I'm heading up there this weekend and just trying to prepare. Thanks.

OP
OP
blue_meany

blue_meany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Did you wheel with the top and doors on? I'm heading up there this weekend and just trying to prepare. Thanks.
softop and doors.

Would’ve preferred no doors and no top but rain was in the forecast.
I would prefer no doors/top on a dry day. The mud would’ve been a nightmare for the interior(if doorless), but I’d rather clean than risk dented doors.
Damage is possible there. Just have a spotter and drive safe.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Please just be respectful if you come across any massasauga rattlesnakes. TC is one of their last strongholds in the state. Awesome little snakes. I miss seeing them since I have left NE KS.
Sponsored