Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
I agree with all of these.

Tuscadero really brings out the hate in a lot of people, which I don't understand at all. Gecko (which I have on order) is a little this way, but nothing quite like what we've seen in the Tuscadero threads.

I hope to some day get a Tuscadero, Gecko, Chief, Nacho, and Hellayella lined up together for an epic group shot.
u forgot Punkin......
Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

o||4xe||o

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS 4xe
Mid day bright sun in the real life photo will wash the color out a bit. Mine’s bikini pearl and the color shift is pretty drastic based on lighting conditions. In bright mid day light it looks pretty blue but at dusk it shifts to a much greener hue. Then in the dark with street lights and whatnot it looks really teal. It get compliments on the color constantly. I’m guessing (hoping) this one also has a pearl flake that gives it the same dimension. I think bikini is stunning for this reason so it could make this color a showstopper too.
Bikini Pearl was her second choice (had it been available for this order)!

Sponsored

o||4xe||o

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS 4xe
Added official press release and press photo to the first post.
I was planning on a 2022 but I just couldn't resist this color and our jeep rep didn't think it would be available in '22.
With it being open for through November it seems like it could span through the 2022 model for a brief period if im reading correctly.
Looking more closely at the Tuscadero renderings on the Jeep site I see they have captioned the image, with the left Wrangler labeled as a pre-production 2022 Sahara 4xe. Two things immediately come to mind:
1) Tuscadero will apparently be available at the start of the 22 model year
2) the Sahara may be getting blue tow hooks (yay?)
That said, I wouldn't put a lot of faith in one rendered image!

F81A1C8A-9CCD-4C42-973C-78B2466E6B4D.jpeg

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Looking more closely at the Tuscadero renderings on the Jeep site I see they have captioned the image, with the left Wrangler labeled as a pre-production 2022 Sahara 4xe. Two things immediately come to mind:
1) Tuscadero will apparently be available at the start of the 22 model year
2) the Sahara may be getting blue tow hooks (yay?)
That said, I wouldn't put a lot of faith in one rendered image!

F81A1C8A-9CCD-4C42-973C-78B2466E6B4D.jpeg
Fucsia and electric blue...?
Jeep Wrangler JL TUSCADERO Jeep Wrangler exterior color now open for limited availability ordering ($395 MSRP) + First real-life photos! 1630415793886

Tudor97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Forget the dumb Jeep advertisement for it.

This color looks amazing in context. I'm seriously considering changing from Gecko to this.

Jeep Wrangler JL TUSCADERO Jeep Wrangler exterior color now open for limited availability ordering ($395 MSRP) + First real-life photos! 1630415793886
I think the pink will age better than the gecko. I had a gecko JLR ordered but bailed because the color is just a bit louder than i thought it would be. The pink is still unique without being as abrasive as gecko if that makes any sense.

Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I think the pink will age better than the gecko. I had a gecko JLR ordered but bailed because the color is just a bit louder than i thought it would be. The pink is still unique without being as abrasive as gecko if that makes any sense.
I love my Gecko but I agree its WAY brighter in person. I'm glad I waited for it though. I'm set until there's a refresh hopefully in '23 and then I might try and get a 392 if its still being produced, I'd love to have one in Gobi.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
Jeep® Brand Debuts Tuscadero Exterior Paint Color to Showcase a Passionate Side to Any Wrangler
Tuscadero joins the Jeep® Wrangler exterior color palette for the first time Now open for orders, the newest color straight from the factory is available for a limited time on Wrangler Sport, Sahara, Rubicon, 4xe and 392 models

• Tuscadero joins the Jeep® Wrangler exterior color palette for the first time
  • Now open for orders, the newest color straight from the factory is available for a limited time on Wrangler Sport, Sahara, Rubicon, 4xe and 392 models

August 26, 2021 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - With a nod to nostalgia and to honor those with a passionate spirit, the Jeep® brand is adding the bold, head-turning Tuscadero exterior paint color to 2021 Jeep Wrangler models.

The boisterous new Tuscadero, a deep and intense chromatic magenta, joins a lengthy lineup of vivid, special-run colors that add customization and appeal to the Jeep Wrangler with a special color palette straight from the factory. This is the first time Tuscadero is available on the Jeep Wrangler. Available on all Wrangler models, including Sport, Sahara, Rubicon, 4xe and 392, Tuscadero can be ordered now through November 2021.

“With the Jeep brand celebrating its 80th anniversary, it’s the perfect time to launch a confident and custom color on the most iconic Jeep vehicle – both of which are designed to break the mold and stand out on the road and trails,” said Jim Morrison, Vice President, Jeep Brand North America. “What’s unique about colors like Tuscadero is that they draw a huge enthusiast following because they’re exciting, authentic and stand out, much like the Jeep community.”

The Tuscadero exterior paint option is available for a limited time and is priced at a U.S. manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $395.

Nope! Not feeling the Pinky Tuscadero Jeep.