Sponsored

Turning off 4cyl mode on the 392?

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Moab/2021 392 Rubicon
Saw video on FB. Killer time for a big box! Curious to see how much HP corn will make. I know SP's with the 6.4 and just bolt ons are running 11's. Yes different vehicle but close to 500whp. So will Livernois be working on a CAI and possible exhaust system? Coming off the right side of the block that 90Ā° turn can't be good for airflow.
We have discussed options for intakes, but no matter the option, they all would ditch the offroad capabilities of the stock box, which most have said they are not willing to trade off on. Exhaust, however, maybe be something there.
Sponsored

Max3ffort

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392
How do you tell when it doors in to 4cyl mode when cruising besides the abrupt exhaust note change when it switches back up? The owners manual says it will display on the dash, but I have never seen anything.

Ted392

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500, TRX, hmmwv's, 392
How do you tell when it doors in to 4cyl mode when cruising besides the abrupt exhaust note change when it switches back up? The owners manual says it will display on the dash, but I have never seen anything.
Go to the screen with fuel economy and 4cyl will display near center of screen.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Go to the screen with fuel economy and 4cyl will display near center of screen.
I prefer to leave the loud button on and when it sounds like itā€™s sh!ttinā€™ itā€™s britches it reminds me to tap it into manual shift to disableā€¦..Leaving the fuel economy screen on thatā€™s usually showing 9ā€™s and 10ā€™s doesnā€™t help enhance enjoyment. šŸ«£ šŸ˜

Last edited:

Sponsored

DonH63

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GC Trailhawk, 23 JLUR 392
Occupation
Retired EE; musician (trumpet)
Last fill up.
Jeep Wrangler JL Turning off 4cyl mode on the 392? IMG_0835
Wow, and in Colorado, that's great! My best so far is around 16 mpg highway, around 6-7 mpg off-road. Still less than 1k miles so hoping it nudges up a hair, but I've a lot of weight in it (winch and tools, not just me ;) ).

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Wow, and in Colorado, that's great! My best so far is around 16 mpg highway, around 6-7 mpg off-road. Still less than 1k miles so hoping it nudges up a hair, but I've a lot of weight in it (winch and tools, not just me ;) ).
Yes and I hit the speed limiter 3x on that tankā€¦

DonH63

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yours is higher than mine 99 vs yourā€™s is 110.
Good to know if we ever race. :) Not sure mine will ever see 99 let alone 110, especially with all the traffic these days.

Sponsored

DonH63

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yah, pushing a brick with wheels on 35's is not for racers... I drive it slower than our other cars, much to my wife's delight. Though she has hollered when I'm doing the speed limit or thereabouts; it "feels" much faster with the height and noise.

It's been a long time since I had a solid front axle and forgot how much they wander, though it seems fairly minimal, just a lot compared to my Grand Cherokee. I definitely notice the larger tires and lower gearing.

To include something on-topic: I have not really noticed the 4/8 cylinder switch. I have noticed the exhaust sound and smile every time I start it up.

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Yah, pushing a brick with wheels on 35's is not for racers... I drive it slower than our other cars, much to my wife's delight. Though she has hollered when I'm doing the speed limit or thereabouts; it "feels" much faster with the height and noise.

It's been a long time since I had a solid front axle and forgot how much they wander, though it seems fairly minimal, just a lot compared to my Grand Cherokee. I definitely notice the larger tires and lower gearing.

To include something on-topic: I have not really noticed the 4/8 cylinder switch. I have noticed the exhaust sound and smile every time I start it up.
Funny it is easy to drive mellow in my JGC summit hemi. Quite a bit different. More relaxing in that.