Sponsored

Turn Signal Won't Shut Off

ieatcats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punkn JLUR
I was wondering if anyone else has seen this. When I'm done switching lanes and I turn the blinker to the middle position to turn the blinker off, the car will start blinking the opposite direction. I have to flip it back and forth a couple times before it will turn off in the middle position. It doesn't do this all the time, just occasionally (maybe 3-7 times per week) and just enough to drive me crazy. I haven't been able to find a test case that reproduces it every time so I've been hesitant to take it into the dealership. For what is worth, I haven't ever seen this occur when the blinker control automatically returns to the center position after a wide turn. It only seems to happen when I push it to middle position.

This is on a 2019 JLUR with LED package if it matters.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ieatcats

ieatcats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punkn JLUR
Oh man, that may be it. I didn't even know that was a "feature". I'll play around with it. Thanks for your response. here is the entry in the owners manual for anyone interested:

Lane Change Assist — If Equipped Tap the multifunction lever up or down once, without moving beyond the detent, and the turn signal (right or left) will flash three times then automatically turn off.

OP
OP
ieatcats

ieatcats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punkn JLUR
Oh man, that may be it. I didn't even know that was a "feature". I'll play around with it. Thanks for your response. here is the entry in the owners manual for anyone interested:

Lane Change Assist — If Equipped Tap the multifunction lever up or down once, without moving beyond the detent, and the turn signal (right or left) will flash three times then automatically turn off.
To be clear, I'm an idiot and this is exactly what was going on. RTM folks.