Turbo vs V6?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I would urge you to try and drive both for an extended period. If you live in a large town you might be able to rent one or both for extended drives, I did and while both engines work well enough-I felt the V6 was the best option for me...But let's not fool ourselves, Jeep really needs to offer both a Turbo 6 and Hemi option.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Afraid v6 is only valid option as you can't get the manual behind the turbo...

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jxzi

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
I would urge you to try and drive both for an extended period. If you live in a large town you might be able to rent one or both for extended drives, I did and while both engines work well enough-I felt the V6 was the best option for me...But let's not fool ourselves, Jeep really needs to offer both a Turbo 6 and Hemi option.
Thanks really appreciate your response sir

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
The V6 is smoother, says people who've used the 2L

With V6 engines becoming less common and even 3 cylinder options coming in to fashion... the v6 is the new v8. plus the V6 sounds fantastic if you put a cold air intake.

Jitzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Occupation
Retired Police, Now Certified Custom Club Fitter
Having owned 2 V6 JK’s now a 2 liter turbo I can easily say this is by far my favorite.

Last edited:

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
Having owned 2 V6 JK’s now a 2 cylinder turbo I can easily say this is by far my favorite.
a "2 cylinder turbo"? My 2.0L has 4 cylinders + turbo ;). jk
I like the fuel economy that I'm getting with my 2L but I dont like the sound. Reminds me of my son's Ford Fiesta, which actually has a larger engine than my Jeep. I didn't drive the v6 so I have no experience with it.

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Had a v6 in my 2015 JK - was a dog at high altitude. Drove my Recon up to Vail yesterday - first time at altitude. (I’m from Wichita) I was amazed....no struggle at all. In fact I was running nearly 70 all the way up to Eisenhower tunnel except for occasional traffic. For my needs I would not remotely consider the V6.

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
2.0l with mods, i'm pushing probably near 360 ft. lbs of torque. between that and the 8 speed and etorque, i dont need to regear for my 37's. The Wrangler pulls really strong.

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
Had a v6 in my 2015 JK - was a dog at high altitude. Drove my Recon up to Vail yesterday - first time at altitude. (I’m from Wichita) I was amazed....no struggle at all. In fact I was running nearly 70 all the way up to Eisenhower tunnel except for occasional traffic. For my needs I would not remotely consider the V6.
the 2.0 pushes up to 24psi. Thats nothing to laugh at. its a huge departure from traditional "American Muscle Logic" but high output small displacement has been the thing in Europe for ever. I think the Italians might know something about high altitude capable vehicles.

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
2.0l with mods, i'm pushing probably near 360 ft. lbs of torque. between that and the 8 speed and etorque, i dont need to regear for my 37's. The Wrangler pulls really strong.
I'm interested in your mods to your 2.0. Do you have a build thread or more info you can provide? Thanks!
Sponsored