Sponsored

Turbo Temperatures (for those monitoring)

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
This is a pretty important PSA for Turbo owners. I had no idea that there’s a cool down time.
Sponsored

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

Please let us know what you think of the Pedal Monster. I heard reviews for several throttle enhancers, but not that one.
Will do. Just downloaded thanks pedal monster app this morning that allows you to make changes.
Stock,City Sport, Track, and levels 1 through 10 for power. I chose Banks because of reputation and customer service which has already proven to be very responsive and helpful. I bought the kit for the dash gauge information originally. They talked me into the pedal monster which piggybacks on it I said I would not be disappointed.

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
Thinking about this... so Jeep wants you to idle your engine for 30 seconds to cool off the turbo. What’s the point?
What about the ESS that shuts off the engine when you come to a stop? That’s not idling for 30 seconds first.
How is ESS ok, but not shutting off the engine when you arrive at your destination?

zgrw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
ESS is not always working as well, sometimes it just says it is not ready. It may be only activating when turbo is cool enough.

Last edited:

No Spark V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 3.0 GCM
Clubs

Thinking about this... so Jeep wants you to idle your engine for 30 seconds to cool off the turbo. What’s the point?
What about the ESS that shuts off the engine when you come to a stop? That’s not idling for 30 seconds first.
How is ESS ok, but not shutting off the engine when you arrive at your destination?
I've wondered this myself and I think the idling to let the turbo cool was from the engineers and ESS was required/"strongly encouraged" for mpg.

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
ESS is not always working as well, sometimes it just says it is not ready. It may be only activating when turbo is cool enough.
I have seen Stop/Start activate even above 550-600F EGT1 temps. I think because ESS does not shut off the engine for more than a minute or so and the risk of coking synthetic oil in such a short period is very low.
Sponsored