Turbo on every rubicon on dealer lot

Dansjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Every rubicon in a 100 mile radius (parts of NJ,PA,Delawre) from my Zip all have turbo in them. is this the same everywhere else or just my area. Also does anyone know why are they just trying to push rubi turbo or is the turbo that good?

I ask cause I'm in the market and me building(ordering) or buying off the lot is as simple as I'm on the edge with the turbo.
Sponsored

zb39

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 5500, 2018 Durango GT AWD, 2015 malibu, GMC 3500 Dump, 70 challenger convertible, 2019 2 door rubicon, manual tranny
Thats why I ordered............I got exactly what I wanted.

OP
OP
Dansjeep

Dansjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm leaning towards ordering mine but I don't want to wait lol. my dealer said 6-8 weeks is the normal is that if everything goes smooth I see someone people on here waiting like 4 months

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
Pretty much the same here so obviously there is a push to get the Turbo in wide use to show it is reliable and works well. Order for me

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I'm leaning towards ordering mine but I don't want to wait lol. my dealer said 6-8 weeks is the normal is that if everything goes smooth I see someone people on here waiting like 4 months
Sometimes the wait gets longer when there is a shortage on parts at the factory for specific builds. I recommend ordering your own anyway, unless it’s something you plan on just trading away in just a few years. No reason to pay for options you don’t want and miss out on ones you might need.

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Same problem when i was searching. Everything was a damn turbo on the lots so i was forced to order one.

jedisrus

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
New Mexico, Not really new - not really Mexico...
Vehicle(s)
2018 GCM JLUR 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Just checked online and the dealer where I got mine has 18 on the lot, 14 of which are turbos. The remaining 4 are equipped exactly the same just different colors. Looks like the same 4 they had when I got mine.

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
Every rubicon in a 100 mile radius (parts of NJ,PA,Delawre) from my Zip all have turbo in them. is this the same everywhere else or just my area. Also does anyone know why are they just trying to push rubi turbo or is the turbo that good?

I ask cause I'm in the market and me building(ordering) or buying off the lot is as simple as I'm on the edge with the turbo.
The turbo is the performance choice and is underrated by Jeep. A lot of manufacturers have 2.0 liter turbo options and the one in the wrangler is very similar to the 2.0 that Alfa uses. It isn’t the 80s anymore, turbos are proven technology. eTorque is pretty new, but Jeep is adding that to the Pentastar soon so both will have that included.

Below is 2.0 vs 3.6 on the same dyno.

upload_2019-1-20_16-49-33.jpeg

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
If the 2.0 wasn’t bsg and had a big battery under it I would’ve checked it out further. They are peppy and I’m sure the mileage is better but I personally didn’t want to deal with the headaches that complexity can add

Brett

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I noticed the same at a high volume dealer a month back. About 50 Jls on the lot and every one was a 2.0 Turbo. Makes me wonder if FCA is stock piling the 3.6 engine for the up coming Gladiator pick up?

Sponsored

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I’m really happy with my 6, but I am not hearing of any problems with the turbos. My son is a service writer at a Jeep dealer and is not seeing any abnormal amount of repairs on the 2.0s. I got the 6 becuase it was what the Rubi on the lot I liked had in it. I probably would have taken a turbo if it had the other stuff I wanted in it.

JoeBelt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Many high end cars today are turbo. While there’s nothing *wrong* with the 3.6 it’s very old technology. It’s not even direct injected which has been in use at least 13 years. Turbo is modern day tech with a lot of
performance benefits. My money was spent on the 2.0T. I owned a BMW 335 and it was awesome, so the 3.6 wasn’t even considered. To those that choose the 3.6 out of fear - you’re missing out.

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
When I bought my 3.6, the dealer said FCA is REALLY pushing the turbos. He showed me a sales “training” video they all were supposed to watch on how to pitch the 2.0. Extra dealer incentives, kickbacks, etc FCA has some sort of interest in really pushing that engine.

Foxtrot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJR (Sold), 2008 JKUR (Sold), 2016 Subi Outback, 2003 Musso 2019 JLUR (ordered)
Runs better? Does it ping with 87?
Haven't heard of any pinging myself, but even the manual has the required 87, recommended 91 in it. Computer seems to do a fine job dialing back the timing to compensate. Of course it also means slightly less power and economy when running the cheap stuff, but that's a trade off.
Sponsored