Smooth9883

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU & 2018 WK2 Trailhawk
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if the 2.0 is turbo normalized? Meaning it produces the same amount of power at sea-level as it does at roughly 8k feet? If not, does anyone know the power drop off per 1k feet with the 2.0? I’m curious if anyone has done any Dyno runs at sea level and then also at altitude.

Thanks
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if the 2.0 is turbo normalized? Meaning it produces the same amount of power at sea-level as it does at roughly 8k feet? If not, does anyone know the power drop off per 1k feet with the 2.0? I’m curious if anyone has done any Dyno runs at sea level and then also at altitude.

Thanks
This is a quote directly from BorgWarner.

"The high-altitude performance of a turbocharged engine is significantly better. Because of the lower air pressure at high altitudes, the power loss of a naturally aspirated engine is considerable. In contrast, the performance of the turbine improves at altitude as a result of the greater pressure difference between the virtually constant pressure upstream of the turbine and the lower ambient pressure at outlet. The lower air density at the compressor inlet is largely equalized. Hence, the engine has barely any power loss."

http://www.turbos.bwauto.com/products/turbochargerAdvantages.aspx

Last edited:

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
This is a quote directly from BorgWarner. They make the turbo for the 2.0T.

"The high-altitude performance of a turbocharged engine is significantly better. Because of the lower air pressure at high altitudes, the power loss of a naturally aspirated engine is considerable. In contrast, the performance of the turbine improves at altitude as a result of the greater pressure difference between the virtually constant pressure upstream of the turbine and the lower ambient pressure at outlet. The lower air density at the compressor inlet is largely equalized. Hence, the engine has barely any power loss."

http://www.turbos.bwauto.com/products/turbochargerAdvantages.aspx
My turbo has "Honeywell" embossed on it.

kingdog23

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Bikini Sahara Turbo, 2016 Mini Cooper S Clubman
Occupation
LED Lighting
My turbo has "Honeywell" embossed on it.
That's right. The 2.0 Turbo Wrangler uses a Honeywell (Garrett) unit, and also delivers great performance in high altitudes. It's pretty damn awesome at sea level, too!

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
This is the main reason I switched from the NA v6 Penastar 🤙 so glad Jeep finally made an engine for high altitude living and playing 🙏
Sponsored