Sponsored

Tuned Diesel 0-60, what are you getting?

thance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Commander, 2002 Liberty, Looking for JLURD
I finally got around to testing out the 0-60 feature on the Tazer in my Sport Altitude Diesel tuned with the Derringer on setting 6 (its highest). Obviously this is the number one reason for buying a diesel or a wrangler or especially a (well you get the picture)....

I'm otherwise stock with limited slip and traction control was off. I used one foot on the brake and one on the gas to transition from full stop to full throttle as quickly as possible. It took four or five tries with numbers all over the place before reaching 5.7.

So what is everyone else seeing?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I am running a GDE tune on my JLURD with 37" KO2's. If I don't put it 4Hi, it'll spin the rear end. In 4Hi and a 3000 rpm launch, I am at 60 on 5.97

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
I've never measured my 0-60 because frankly, that doesn't matter to me. That's what a fast car is for.

I got my Derringer to give me more overall power. I can merge on the freeway with confidence. I can pass on a 2 lane highway very quickly. I can sustain speed going up the mountain passes headed west out of Denver, even with a trailer.

But if 0-60 is a big thing for you, I'm glad you're happy with the results.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who would of thought that a brick on 37's would be doing under 6 seconds with just a tune?

Are you locking the rear? That might give power to the ground on 2 wheels without the added driveline loss of engaging the front.
You have an LSD, I don't and FCA did not see fit to offer the FT 4hi 242 style T-case on the diesel, or to let me engage a locker in 2hi, so to launch it I need 4hi, otherwise I spin one of the rear tires.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I haven't tested my 0-60, but the Derringer tune is a must-have if you like power-adders. Well worth the money. I'm just not looking forward to removing it, if necessary, for warranty service.

Interestingly, the power is sooo low down (a GOOD thing) that it seems to accelerate quicker at 2/3 throttle rather than letting it run up to the redline (where it gets wheezy).

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

thance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have an LSD, I don't and FCA did not see fit to offer the FT 4hi 242 style T-case on the diesel, or to let me engage a locker in 2hi, so to launch it I need 4hi, otherwise I spin one of the rear tires.
One of the nice features of the tazer that i don't personally have a need for is that it would give you full control of the lockers. You could lock the rear in 2wd for this purpose (or any other). I just wouldn't go around any corners on pavement in this mode.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
I agree with everything you're saying, but the tazer makes it so easy to quantify, so why not?

people get cold air intakes and cat back exhausts and swear by the gains that are 99% in their head so why not quantify actual results. (And have some fun doing it)

people also have older corvettes and mustangs that are their "fast cars" for fun days at the track. Ironically, many of these are slower than what I'm getting in an off the shelf tuned wrangler. Would you test 0-60 in a Miata? This is faster! Granted, its not a C-8 or a Tesla S, but it's better than a lot of folks would think.

I haven't had a sports car since college days, but I supercharged my Bronco, tuned my Hemi Commander and this is the quickest I've owned.

Now all of that said, unless you absolutely floor it, it's the slowest I've owned and feels great going slow, it's the first vehicle I've actually enjoyed going slow in and for the first half to 3/4s off the pedal you would think slow is it's thing. I guess that's where the pedal enhancer comes in, to bring daily driving to life. I don't have one yet, but we'll see...
The pedal monster really is great for making the Jeep more fun to drive. Of course, it doesn't make it any faster. It just makes the pedal react more like it should.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've never measured my 0-60 because frankly, that doesn't matter to me. That's what a fast car is for.
Once I got that, I stopped measuring.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One of the nice features of the tazer that i don't personally have a need for is that it would give you full control of the lockers. You could lock the rear in 2wd for this purpose (or any other). I just wouldn't go around any corners on pavement in this mode.
Yup. The JK front locker got stuck twice. Real fun to drive.....

Sponsored

JustinB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Ninja 650R, Jeep 392, Yamaha TTR230
0 to 60 in 4.3 seconds with 35" tires & 93 octane fuel.
All stock performance parts ;)
Ok ok, it's not a diesel...
I am glad others are interested in their 0 to 60 times!!!

OP
OP

thance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
0 to 60 in 4.3 seconds with 35" tires & 93 octane fuel.
All stock performance parts ;)
Ok ok, it's not a diesel...
I am glad others are interested in their 0 to 60 times!!!
I knew it was only a matter of time before a 6.4 jumped in....... so for +30K your beating us by 1.35s. But really, 4.3 seconds is respectable for any modern sports car. It would be interesting to see the short list of what can beat that in stock form. Are you running the XR package with 4.56 gears?

Now to shift the conversation in my favor, can you get 29mpg on road trips?

JustinB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Ninja 650R, Jeep 392, Yamaha TTR230
I knew it was only a matter of time before a 6.4 jumped in....... so for +30K your beating us by 1.35s. But really, 4.3 seconds is respectable for any modern sports car. It would be interesting to see the short list of what can beat that in stock form. Are you running the XR package with 4.56 gears?

Now to shift the conversation in my favor, can you get 29mpg on road trips?
wew, take her easy tiger 🐅

*Nope, not the XR, just your basic 2021 392, the XR wasn't offered when I placed my order back then. I do have a 2023 on order now with the XR package but I will cancel that IF jeep comes out with a 20th anniversary rubicon (which may have 4.88 gearing).

* You are correct, 4.3 seconds is respectable for any modern sports car...

*... leading me to this. YES! 30k is absolutely worth it. More specifically, coming up to that second stop light and you look over at the dude pulling up in his Charger in a close second (but still second) in disbelief as he's trying to fathom what in the Wrangle just happened. (dad joke)

*No, I certainly do not get 29mpg and you know that, especially when I'm hauling my 4,000lbs camper trailer over the hills with the cruise set at 80mph. But again, referencing my last bullet, those stop light expressions are absolutely priceless and nobody should spend 30k more on anything if they complain about gas prices.

All due respect, I wasn't trying to steal your 'favor'. I actually went to my dealership to buy a diesel JL (back in 2020) because I tow trailers and wanted the torque. It was then that I was informed that a 392 was supposed to come out.
I love all Jeeps to include yours :) P.S. ALL JEEPERS get the wave from me!!!

Reactions: KNN

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everyone is on their own Jeep journey... My first Wrangler is a YJ so I know slow Jeeps... Also anyone on this board that complains about fuel prices... You know what you signed up for....
Sponsored