Sponsored

Tuffy Center Console Insert in 4xe

SpaceCase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
Has anyone installed the Tuffy center console insert in a 4xe yet? I saw in another thread someone had an issue with the install and I was about to order one.
Sponsored

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
Ugh. I hope it does! Guess Iā€™ll find out in a week or two when my 4xe arrives.

It would be nice if SOMETHING from my current Jeep actually still fits! :headbang:

2manyhobbies

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Rubicon XR
Ugh. I hope it does! Guess Iā€™ll find out in a week or two when my 4xe arrives.

It would be nice if SOMETHING from my current Jeep actually still fits! :headbang:
Any luck with getting it to fit? I pick up my 4xe on Thursday, and need a place to secure my Shield while mountain biking.

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
Any luck with getting it to fit? I pick up my 4xe on Thursday, and need a place to secure my Shield while mountain biking.
Haha guess it was more the "or 2" scenario for me. It arrived at the dealer end of last week and I'm probably getting it on Wednesday. I can definitely let you know shortly after that.

Bohunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
Has anyone installed the Tuffy center console insert in a 4xe yet? I saw in another thread someone had an issue with the install and I was about to order one.
I installed the console in my Rubicon 4xe. I had to call Tuffy though, because the console I bought from Quadratec did not have the correct support legs for a Rubicon. It was a total bitch to put in though; don't think I ever cussed that much in my life!! It's not hard, just very cramped space.

Console Pic.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
SpaceCase

SpaceCase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
I installed the console in my Rubicon 4xe. I had to call Tuffy though, because the console I bought from Quadratec did not have the correct support legs for a Rubicon. It was a total bitch to put in though; don't think I ever cussed that much in my life!! It's not hard, just very cramped space.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tuffy Center Console Insert in 4xe Console Pic
That looks super shallow, not like the pictures I have seen installed. Can the vault no longer be installed above the light in newer JLs?

Rubicon 4xe

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JLUR 4xe
As Bohunker said it will fit with the shorter legs. I called Tuffy Products and spoke with John Poe. I told him I had a Rubicon 4xe and without hesitation and no cost to me he sent the shorter legs. I would highly recommend Tuffy Products and their customer support.

SpaceCaseā€¦It is shallowā€¦no longer above the light. John Poe said it has to do with the transmission in the 4xe. There is enough space to secure a handgun and vehicle paperwork.

OP
OP
SpaceCase

SpaceCase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
As Bohunker said it will fit with the shorter legs. I called Tuffy Products and spoke with John Poe. I told him I had a Rubicon 4xe and without hesitation and no cost to me he sent the shorter legs. I would highly recommend Tuffy Products and their customer support.

SpaceCaseā€¦It is shallowā€¦no longer above the light. John Poe said it has to do with the transmission in the 4xe. There is enough space to secure a handgun and vehicle paperwork.
Curious, can it be mounted the opposite way? So as to allow the light to shine into the vault area? Or can you use the longer legs and remove the light?

Rubicon 4xe

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JLUR 4xe

Sponsored

Bohunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon

2manyhobbies

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Rubicon XR
My console arrived yesterday. I do not have a trail camera. The console fit.
My one piece of advice for anyone installing this - do it outside of the Jeep first to be sure you have an idea on how the parts fit together. One of the support places on mine needed a little bend in a clip to get it to install properly. Had I discovered that while trying to actually install it, I would have been challenged. As it was, it went in fairly smoothly. I sat in the passenger seat to do it.

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Just now installing the Tuffy console vault into my 392. It was originally installed in my 18 JLUR. The top of the safe will not fit the opening of the 392 console. Maybe the shorter legs will allow it to fit, but at that point I question the space available. I will call Tuffy next week to see whatā€™s up.
Sponsored