Sponsored

Tubular side steps protect against rock chips?

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Hey all,

Ordered my rig yesterday (JLUR Ocean Blue with most of the options) and am looking at these Mopar Tubular Side Steps. I have read on this forum that the Rubi (with the KOs) will kick up gravel and road debris and chip away at the paint on the door hinges and fenders. Has anyone installed these on their Wrangler? Does it offer good protection against this? They appear as they would but if anyone with experience could comment, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

https://www.justforjeeps.com/jl-tub...MZycNNctYEgc1GIDjCzVukUBVCYfdrGRoCOVoQAvD_BwE
Sponsored

Brew20MJO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Ocean Blue Metallic

ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
I put the Mopar on my Jeep. Great protection from front tire sling. I did bend the passenger one on a rock doing some crawling. Would recommend for offroad trail use but not anything with rock crawling.

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
I put the Mopar on my Jeep. Great protection from front tire sling. I did bend the passenger one on a rock doing some crawling. Would recommend for offroad trail use but not anything with rock crawling.
This exactly. I just ordered the Mopar enhanced rock rails, but no big rocks around here to bend them on so they will be fine for my use.
Sponsored