Tube steps buyers beware!

Bjsting

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingray Willy
Purchased my Jeep in February and shortly after took the rock rails off and put on tube steps from Extreme Terrain. The reviews were good for the most part so I got them so my short self can get in easier. They looked so good too but now 3 months later one step is rusting!!! If your thinking of getting tube steps DONT BUY THESE!!!!

ACD7FF5A-996C-4885-9C4A-68C2682C3914.jpeg

90D47D25-81AA-448A-8FDF-36A25BAED737.jpeg
Sponsored

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Yup those steps always rust when made of mild steel. They don’t coat the inside. If you want that style look for some made of stainless.

I once had the thought of taping the end closed with some gorilla tape. Then pouring some rustoleum rusty metal primer inside and sloshing it around. Let it dry and repeat with some paint.

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
That's nasty, did you get it in the salt or something?

My rockers are allergic to tube steps. I had some Smittybilt SRC's before and now I have a lovely dent and crease in my pinch weld.

OP
OP
Bjsting

Bjsting

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingray Willy
Maybe from the road?? But the previous poster is right I should have read reviews more they are known to rust ughhhhh

That's nasty, did you get it in the salt or something?

My rockers are allergic to tube steps. I had some Smittybilt SRC's before and now I have a lovely dent and crease in my pinch weld.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’m not trying to beat you up, but they cost $160. Of course they’re likely to be trash. Lots of folks have tube steps that aren’t rusting. I do. But they’re of better quality and if they were to rust like that it would be surprising not expected. RockHard cost 3X as much as those but they won’t rust or damage your rockers.

Sponsored

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
LOD steps, going on 1 year and no rust.

20200525_162238.jpg

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
They looked so good too
For $159 a pair shipped. You are really expecting too much. And for love of jeep sake, do not take them Offroad, you will do more body damage. They are soooo soft and offer no protection, if not doing more damage...

OP
OP
Bjsting

Bjsting

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingray Willy
Yeah guys rookie mistake I will have to invest in better ones down the road regardless of what you pay 3 months and rusted sucks I should’ve done more research and got the better ones. I know better now and hope others don’t make that mistake I don’t buy steps everyday

For $159 a pair shipped. You are really expecting too much. And for love of jeep sake, do not take them Offroad, you will do more body damage. They are soooo soft and offer no protection, if not doing more damage...
Sponsored