TSB on steering completed! Not perfect but so much better

JL_U-R_FUN

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I just had the steering box upgraded to the steel unit in my '19 and it has made highway driving much more manageable. I'm going to install the Teraflex Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 Fast Adjust Steering Stabilizer next. I was holding off as I didn't want my warranty claim denied on the steering box. Hopefully this gets it to as good as I can expect out of a Jeep.

My current set-up is a 2019 JLUR 3.6 with Mopar Lift, 37" ATs, adjustable front/rear track bars, rk spring seats. Axles are perfectly centered and zero spring bow. I think it sits a tad too high but I can live w it. As expected, the dealer upped my air pressure from 30 to nearly 40 and it still drove pretty well. I may drop it down to 32 or so and see how that goes.

I admittedly came from Luxury SUVs and am doing my best to adjust expectations. (Acura MDX, Range Rover Velar and BMW X5)
Sponsored

Ronin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2016 JK
Similar experience in my 2020. It's definitely not perfect, but improved to the point that I'm okay with it. At least now it doesn't feel like always driving in strong winds blowing me all over the road...

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I got a 2021 Rubicon. I‘m in the same boat. It’s not perfect but it’s VASTLY better than my 2018 JLUSport was. I wonder how much play comes from other components in the steering. Those bushings aren’t exactly top grade.

OP
OP
JL_U-R_FUN

JL_U-R_FUN

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I dropped the air pressure to 33 and that helped a touch more. I'll report back the results after installing the stabilizer. I'm hoping I can just flip it to medium for typically use and firm for long highway use and life will be good.

It is definitely better just not the utopia we all secretly hope for while knowing it isn't likely. While they did the install, I had a 2dr base model on ATs. No question it tracked better. I also have to admit the 4 cylinder Turbo has a lot of pep and doesn't sound terrible. Not buzzy like the old 4 bangers were.
Sponsored