Tsb new box has notchy steering

OP
OP

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
Dude you serious? You’ve now got FIVE people with the same notchy complaints on these forums out of what 15-20 installs. I’d say yeah there’s something here. Your also finding out about the fluid levels being low.

Btw dealers own here aren’t allowing test drives with covid. You go get in the car sign the papers and leave.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
you asked for advice and @TEXGOAT gave it to you. in all honesty from the posts i read here it he told me to stick a potato in the tail pipe and it would fix it, that would be my first attempt.

on another note, you didn't umarry the tazer when you too it out before service and not it reinstalled the backed up profile ?
Tazer was unmarried before I took it in. Tazer was remarried after I brought it home. These were the instructions direct from the guys who make it.

not sure if that overwrote something. Like I said there’s quite a few people digging for a solution on the notchy feel. I know I’m grasping at straws but also trying to figure it out for wveryone

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
Dude you serious? You’ve now got FIVE people with the same notchy complaints on these forums out of what 15-20 installs. I’d say yeah there’s something here. Your also finding out about the fluid levels being low.

Btw dealers own here aren’t allowing test drives with covid. You go get in the car sign the papers and leave.
Wait, what 5 people?!

OP
OP

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
I’m not saying to ring the alarm that the boxes are bad or anything.
It’s not a ton of people but in proportion to the amount of boxes we know have been fixed, its there on a proportional view. If this is how the box is designed to drive I’m still happy with It. Huge improvement. My concern is if there’s something there that could cause a failure. I’m sure it’s prob something dumb, whether it’s air in the lines, not programmed, or something loose, leak etc. I was hoping we could dig to the bottom of this.

I did just jack it up and did 30 turns with tires in the air.
There is no notchy feeling for whatever that’s worth when up in air. I did notice my fluid level dropped about half an inch after i did this.

however still notchy.

OP
OP

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
This is what it looks like

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Sorry might be me but the image /movie file does not show anything...it loads a page then the play button progresses with no images.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Random thought, you are in 2H correct?

OP
OP

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
Yes sir. That is similar to how it feels though.

OP
OP

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s

OP
OP

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s

Sponsored

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Nope. It’s a little better but it’s the same
Another post of the main TSB thread mentioned they had notchy steering at first, but it went away after 60 miles. My first Al box replacement took several days of about 80 turns lock to lock to bleed all the air. I hoping mine fades with time.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Mine was notchy for the first few miles. Pulled over and started turning left and right to bleed the system since I’m sure the dealer probably didn’t do it properly. But after about 50-100 miles it no longer notchy. So mayhaps it needs a little bit of a break in also?

No issues of notchy steering again.
Sponsored