Sponsored

Tsb new box has notchy steering

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
Hey everyone. Got my box replaced with the new tsb. Reservoir was empty. So it took three fills to get it right. Only issue is my steering has a notchy feel to it. I turned the steering side to side 15 times and got out some bubbles. What could this be? I really don’t want to go back to dealer
Sponsored

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Keep turning it and check the levels. You don't want any air in there

OP
OP

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
how many turns would it take. I already did it 15 times.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
I appreciate the idea. Would jacking it up on just turning side to side with the wheels in are accomplish the same?

Do I leave the cap on or off?

also at a stand still there’s no notchy feeling. It’s only when I’m moving.
There’s no way the dealer is going to figure this one out.
Also would air in the lines cause the notchy feeling to be consistent? I’ve counted four people including me complaining of notchy steering

OP
OP

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
I think I’m going to jack it up. Safest way to do it. My bigger concern is that there could be damage, they didn’t perform software upgrade, the tazer marrying impacted it somehow, or the box is bad from factory.

The pumps don’t make any noises. It’s just notchy. And it’s not like insanely aggressive. Most people wouldn’t notice. It’s kinda like turning with 4wd high on. It’s not that harsh but it’s a similar feeling.

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Lol complains about steering, gets the steering box changed, doest test drive it prior to accepting , takes it home, still complains.

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
I think I’m going to jack it up. Safest way to do it. My bigger concern is that there could be damage, they didn’t perform software upgrade, the tazer marrying impacted it somehow, or the box is bad from factory.
you asked for advice and @TEXGOAT gave it to you. in all honesty from the posts i read here it he told me to stick a potato in the tail pipe and it would fix it, that would be my first attempt.

on another note, you didn't umarry the tazer when you too it out before service and not it reinstalled the backed up profile ?
Sponsored