Sponsored

TSB 24-006-19 - HVAC System Update - Intermittent blast of warm air / June 19 2019

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
These forums rock. So its been beyond hot here lately. Noticed the A/C kick off a bit around town and thought, oh great the compressor is failing. Then on a couple hour road trip (each way) this weekend, it was like a perfect cycle of air stopping, hot humid air coming in, and then back to cool air. It was annoying, who would want hot humid air from the outside in a cool vehicle on the highway? Searched the forums, found many posts on the issue, and they led to this TSB.

Went to the dealer this morning, explained the problem, said I found this TSB, I would just like this applied without diagnostics. The dealer agreed, and less than an hour later I was out of there. We'll see if the problem reoccurs. Fix did cost by $82. :(
Sponsored

jasander77

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Ordered - 2023 4DR Rubicon XR
I just picked up my 2023 Rubi XR on Thursday. Drove it around Nashville for a couple days and then made the trip back to Dallas over a two day span with almost 900 miles on odometer. About once an hour we would experience something similar to this for about 5 to 10 seconds before it returned to normal. I assumed it may be a defrost cycle or something? This is my first vehicle with a non-pulley a/c compressor. I came to the forum this evening to see what I could find and this pretty much sounds like the same behavior. So is this normal operation? I find it hard to believe a 3 year old TSB is still not being addressed during production. But I guess anything is possible?

bhco2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
soon to be JLUR392
I just picked up my 2023 Rubi XR on Thursday. Drove it around Nashville for a couple days and then made the trip back to Dallas over a two day span with almost 900 miles on odometer. About once an hour we would experience something similar to this for about 5 to 10 seconds before it returned to normal. I assumed it may be a defrost cycle or something? This is my first vehicle with a non-pulley a/c compressor. I came to the forum this evening to see what I could find and this pretty much sounds like the same behavior. So is this normal operation? I find it hard to believe a 3 year old TSB is still not being addressed during production. But I guess anything is possible?
picked up my jlur392 2 weeks ago in kentucky - similar story with road trip through mountains of kentucky, north carolina, and tennessee before heading home to houston. Roughly 1200 miles and 30 hours of driving over 3 days. Noticed the same issue with a/c (more so when we hit the heat in texas). A/C would blow hot outside temp air for 5-10 seconds about every hour. Annoying as hell. Haven’t noticed it since got home, but have only had short local drives. I’ll for sure mention it when i do the first oil change, but would love to hear what others have seen and how it was fixed.

jasander77

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Ordered - 2023 4DR Rubicon XR
picked up my jlur392 2 weeks ago in kentucky - similar story with road trip through mountains of kentucky, north carolina, and tennessee before heading home to houston. Roughly 1200 miles and 30 hours of driving over 3 days. Noticed the same issue with a/c (more so when we hit the heat in texas). A/C would blow hot outside temp air for 5-10 seconds about every hour. Annoying as hell. Haven’t noticed it since got home, but have only had short local drives. I’ll for sure mention it when i do the first oil change, but would love to hear what others have seen and how it was fixed.
Good to know. Will likely not happen to me again for a while as it is not a primary driver and only take short trips locally. But def want to know if it’s “working as designed”
Sponsored