First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Showed the TSB to my Dealer's Parts dept.
They ordered yesterday and delivered today.
NO CHARGE.
Plus the Dealer is really close to my favorite Mexican restaurant and I used my loyalty card points to get lunch...wait for it.....
NO CHARGE.

Free check valve, free tacos. I call that a productive errand.

Thanks to the OP for posting the TSB on this!!!!

IMG_7251.JPG

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Where does one find the listing for TSB’s was thinking I would print this one off and take it to the dealer part guy and try to save a few bucks, but would like a full size copy

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing
I just used the one that was posted here. screen grab, edited and printed out. The Parts guy looked at for all of 10 seconds.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Well went to the Dealer Service folks to see about the check valve and said they did not have it in stock and would have to order it and it was gonna be like $10 and he advised that I visit with the Service Advisor and get them to order it and it would cost nothing so I went over to them and they gave me a big fat NO... told me I would have to schedule an appointment and leave it, you have to remember these are the same idiots that put the wrong type and wrong amount of oil in my JLU so I will visit another parts place locally to see if they have it and if not I guess I will eat the $10 and order it.

Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing
Well went to the Dealer Service folks to see about the check valve and said they did not have it in stock and would have to order it and it was gonna be like $10 and he advised that I visit with the Service Advisor and get them to order it and it would cost nothing so I went over to them and they gave me a big fat NO... told me I would have to schedule an appointment and leave it, you have to remember these are the same idiots that put the wrong type and wrong amount of oil in my JLU so I will visit another parts place locally to see if they have it and if not I guess I will eat the $10 and order it.
Ugh that sucks. You can always order one yourself. but you'll have to pay for it.

kirbyx

First Name
Oot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2018 JL
I wish they could just give me the dam check valve and I could do it in like 5 mins
Is it possible to order the check valve online, if so, what website do I go to?... I really don't want to schlepp over to the dealer :)
Thank you.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Is it possible to order the check valve online, if so, what website do I go to?... I really don't want to schlepp over to the dealer :)
Thank you.
Yes, undoubtedly, you can but the shipping costs drives the price up a crazy amount. At the get go, I asked our forum sponsor @AllMoparParts.com and I was told the part was available. The shipping of same made me call over over to the local Jeep dealership , parts department and have them get it for me. They had it next day. Dealership is next to where I grocery shop, 10 mins. away, so I picked it up when I went for groceries.

Originally, I was quote $4.40 for the check valve. When I picked it up I was charged $3.78, so I assume he gave me a discount... I was upfront with him and said I did not want to bother their service dept., sit there 40+ minutes... and have my Jeep mauled in order to get the part... 8-) We both laughed at that. He knew what I was saying. Again, I believe he gave me some % off.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing
@Jeepmarkjl

Yeah, sure.......... LOL

Part is $3.01 and shipping is $17.00+ to me in NY.

Best bet is get it at your local dealership either under warranty or just handing them the $3.00+ like I did.
Hey, he asked for a website link. I supplied a website link.

I drove over to my dealer, showed the TSB, got the part for free and picked up lunch.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey, he asked for a website link. I supplied a website link.

I drove over to my dealer, showed the TSB, got the part for free and picked up lunch.
MOST, again most dealerships (parts dept) will not just hand over a part covered under warranty, without Service, writing it up, etc.. Consider yourself lucky to have him just hand it over to you.......

I opted to give the parts guy the $3.78 as my time is worth money and I do not want the dealership fooling with the JL.

Ha... ha, last time they had an ice cream truck at the dealership and my gal pal and I got ice cream cones and the dealership paid for them. So, I'm still a couple $'s a head of the dealer thanks to the ice cream... 8-)

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing
My dealer offers free pizza, popcorn, ice cream, soft drinks, coffee, bagels Mon Thru Sat. They also give free car washes with wipe down. My kids constantly suggest we go wash the Jeep.... There are folks that go to the dealer every day for free coffee and a bagel.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Jeepmarkjl

My kids are all adults now. Make me want to go out and have 5 more just so I can get over on the dealership every Mon. thru Sat..
Ahhh, forget that, I'm not in Chicago. 8-)

Oh, at 69 yo, I am a firm believer that there is nothing free in life. ----

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I may go back to the same dealer that gave me a price of $10 and throw this up on the desk and ask for some type of discount, I truly don’t want these goof balls working on my Jeep for something as simple as a nozzle, I would just order but as @Rhinebeck01 stated the shippping is a killer for me, it’s like $17 delivered to me.

6EB57124-71E8-4259-8E18-7E52D412FC10.png
Sponsored