Sponsored

TSB 18-041-18 -- Flash: Powertrain and System Improvements (PCM Reprogram) - September 7, 2018

RobNY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ
Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 10.53.20 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 10.53.34 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 10.53.41 AM.jpg
Sponsored

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Thanks for info ... gonna schedule it tomorrow.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
So I noticed that you highlighted the bit about the blower fan being loud (because it blows a LOT of air). Does that mean we can assume that this updated PCM flash will reduce the interior blower fan speed?

If so, count me out. I'd rather have better airflow.

Sponsored

Pra3torian

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited SportS
Not sure how anyone could like that extremely loud, ridiculously annoying noise.
Bought mine in the beginning of 19. Had it serviced for the death wobble, just wondering why they wouldn't have fixed it then? I actually have to tell them that I'm not happy with the Nasa launch going on under my hood? Thanks man!

Pra3torian

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited SportS
I noticed similar things with my JL. The fan only kicks on when it's over 85°. My concern is if once the software is flashed will the integrity of the engine be comprimised? It must have some effect on the engine after being flashed if it's quite. Does the engine run hotter? Any info would help. Thanks!

Atticaz

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara
Our 2018 JL is at the dealership right now due to the loud fan when the AC is on. I pointed out the TSB 18-041-18 REV. B. to the advisor.

He just called and told me the TSB does not affect our 2018 Jeep??? He then proceeded to say that the fan IS noisier than it should be though? I am baffled.

Jeepch1ck12

First Name
Dianne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JL mojito!
Not sure how anyone could like that extremely loud, ridiculously annoying noise.
Bought mine in the beginning of 19. Had it serviced for the death wobble, just wondering why they wouldn't have fixed it then? I actually have to tell them that I'm not happy with the Nasa launch going on under my hood? Thanks man!
WAs never told about the death wobble. My Jeep lit up like a pinball machine on Labor Day and stopped dead in the middle of the road. could not get it into neutral or any gear. Steering wheel locked. Towed to dealership. Sat there for a week AAA tested battery before towing and said it was good. Jeep says battery is dead and charges me $500 for a new battery..Eventually finds the powertrain control system went out. SO FAR.. Waiting on parts.
$525 dollar rental car fee so far, NOT covered by my insurance. HOW IS ANY OF THIS MY FAULT!
Sponsored