TSB 08-074-20 (steering) and the EcoDiesel

bryan8379

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Has anyone had this TSB performed with the diesel? After the dealership initially refusing to perform the work (got @JeepCares involved) they are now saying it doesn't apply to the ecodiesel.
Sponsored

Papa John

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Has anyone had this TSB performed with the diesel? After the dealership initially refusing to perform the work (got @JeepCares involved) they are now saying it doesn't apply to the ecodiesel.
I was just this morning told the same thing from Customer Care. They said they dont have replacement steering boxes for diesels yet and that I should check back with my dealer in a couple of months. Evidently the gasser models have a different steering gear ratio than the diesels.

Sponsored

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
Had my TSB performed by the dealer before REV B came out and it did improved the steering by a bit (not that mine was horrible). Wondering what steering box the 2021 ecodiesels have..
I've got the black steering box in mine. The wife hasn't driven it enough to give any real feedback yet though. I guess I'll have to find out for myself!

SaltyWet

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
I've got the black steering box in mine. The wife hasn't driven it enough to give any real feedback yet though. I guess I'll have to find out for myself!
Would you happen to know the parts number on it? Located behind the fender liner.
Jeep Wrangler JL TSB 08-074-20 (steering) and the EcoDiesel 1603221476531

Harrybeerbelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tackhawk
I talked with my dealer today. I have to say up front my dealer has been really great in this whole deal. When I had mine done it was before the Rev 2 TBS. With that the dealer installed the gear that was indicated on the TBS at that time. And that gear made a huge improvement.

Now to TBS Rev 2. I have been informed the newly installed gear it is not a safety issue. The differance in the gears is the turning radius is slightly reduced with the first TBS. May not even notice it. However my dealer is going to inform me when the "diesel" gear is available and install it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
Mine’s the same as posted above. P68507574AA. Ordered in the first wave of diesels. 7/3.

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
I have one of the original steering boxes (silver aluminum pictured, along with the one on my wife's 21 Willys, black steel). I called my dealer about the TSB and their reply was "it's not listed under your VIN".
Jeep Wrangler JL TSB 08-074-20 (steering) and the EcoDiesel 20201024_102051
Jeep Wrangler JL TSB 08-074-20 (steering) and the EcoDiesel 20201024_110025
I called Jeep Cares, and the agent said the TSB applies to ALL 2018-2020 WRANGLERS. He said they would contact the dealer and call me back within 24 hrs. I got a call back this morning (a little over 24 hrs), and the agent said they have contacted the dealer and have the parts on order. Parts should be available 1st quarter of 21. When the dealer has the parts they are supposed to contact me to schedule. I've read horror stories about dealing with Jeep Cares, but so far they seem to be responsive. IF all goes as planned, I'll be happy.

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Been a while, but just got a call from the dealer that my steering box was in and scheduled to bring it in on 1/6. Asked the part number on it and it is: CH 68507569-AA Now I'm worried it won't fit. If it's just a matter of a slightly different turning radius, I don't care as long as it makes the steering feel a little more connected.

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
Been a while, but just got a call from the dealer that my steering box was in and scheduled to bring it in on 1/6. Asked the part number on it and it is: CH 68507569-AA Now I'm worried it won't fit. If it's just a matter of a slightly different turning radius, I don't care as long as it makes the steering feel a little more connected.
If your dealer said that the steering box will be available Jan 06, you are lucky. I received a message from jeepcares that said sometime in the first quarter of the year. Other than that, nothing.

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
If your dealer said that the steering box will be available Jan 06, you are lucky. I received a message from jeepcares that said sometime in the first quarter of the year. Other than that, nothing.
That's what I was told also. The call came out of the blue and they have the box in their hands, just couldn't get me in before that. Keep the faith.
Sponsored