First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
I bought AEV 7000 series lights. I like them. It comes with a harness. It does not come with any wiring instructions - especially ones to connect to the aux switch package wires already in the Jeep. It does come with a wired switch that you have to fish thru the firewall and then drill/mount into your dash. Called tech support and basically they said sorry canā€™t provide any guidance for you other than install our switch in your dash. This seems crazy to me. Iā€™m not an electrician so any advice on which wires off the switches get connect where would be much appreciated. Everything goes into a relay. The switch itself has 3 wires.
Jeep Wrangler JL Trying to Wire AEV 7000 lights into JLU switches. AEV tech support no help 0599D281-1994-45EB-BD02-6AC8EA056C1C
Jeep Wrangler JL Trying to Wire AEV 7000 lights into JLU switches. AEV tech support no help CE202176-C52A-49D7-BF2F-B15F13AFF17E
Jeep Wrangler JL Trying to Wire AEV 7000 lights into JLU switches. AEV tech support no help 31E63849-FF30-4FD2-ABBC-C77A21398D01
Sponsored

bdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Did you ever figure out how to wire these up to the aux switches? I am interested in these lights as well.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If they are a standard light no high low stuff you dont need anything but the plug that attaches to the light. Run the Negative to the grounding screw by battery and the positive to corresponding aux switch wire. No need for relays it is built into aux wiring already in place.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
None of these companies selling lights do you any favors. You'd think for the price, they could at least give guidance.

Just looking at them, they seem pretty simple. No backlighting, no high /low.

If that's the case, previous post is probably correct.

When in doubt, take it to a shop.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
None of these companies selling lights do you any favors. You'd think for the price, they could at least give guidance.

Just looking at them, they seem pretty simple. No backlighting, no high /low.

If that's the case, previous post is probably correct.

When in doubt, take it to a shop.
Baja Designs can't be lumped into that category of companies. They provide both instruction sheets and different wiring harnesses that cater to those with and without factory aux systems already installed. The OP has a harness meant to be used on a vehicle without factory aux, which includes the switches, wiring, fuses, and relays. For a vehicle with factory aux, all that is needed from that harness above is the lamp plugs and enough wire length to reach the aux hookup bundle next to the main battery. The rest can be tossed, or kept for a future project.

Sponsored

MerPinXEss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 4xe JLU
I second the strip it down and run - from light to ground + from light to aux cable bundle beside battery, secured by tape...all the other switching stuff in that wiring harness is already in a JL with the aux.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeepmarkjl

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Thank you all for boiling down to the simple solve.

yeti1951

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JL Two Door Rubicon
I was interested in ordering these lights as well, how did you wire them to your auxiliary switches?
Sponsored