First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
I’m new to lifting solid axles. I’m basically just trying to find the right 2.5” lift to be as comfortable or better than the JLUR factory ride.
I’m just not sure what exactly is needed to ensure everything is aligned and the steering is good. Some kits come with control arms and such, some others are adjustable. I’ve been searching around but I think I got myself lost.
This is going to be a family hauler.
Thank you for any advice and recommendations. 👍

EDIT: I’m trying to keep it as low budget as possible while also having a safe and comfortable ride.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
So are you going for just looks and comfort or some off-roading?

OP
OP
MARSHMELLA

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
So are you going for just looks and comfort or some off-roading?

In this order:
1. Comfort
2. Weekend family light off-roading
3. Looks

OP
OP
MARSHMELLA

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
The main lift I’m most interested in is the Dynatrac EnduroSport 2” lift.
This kit doesn’t come with control arms. Should I have those or anything else this kit doesn’t have?

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The main lift I’m most interested in is the Dynatrac EnduroSport 2” lift.
This kit doesn’t come with control arms. Should I have those or anything else this kit doesn’t have?
The Dynatrac lift does not include front lower control arms or track bars. If you want your lifted Jeep to handle well, you will need to add some parts to this lift.

At a minimum, you will want to add:
Front lower control arms - to get the caster adjusted
Front track bar
Rear track bar or relocation bracket
Track bars not only locate the axles laterally, they control some very strong forces acting on your axles. If you lift your Jeep, your axles will no longer be centered. Stock track bars aren't adjustable and aren't very strong. When you add lift and larger tires, you can quickly overcome the stock track bar's ability to control the increase in force, which can lead to death wobble.

For a good budget solution, which addresses caster and track bar, consider the Metalcloak True Dual 2.5" or the Rock Krawler Adventure Series 1. Each of these include all parts you will need. With the Metalcloak, you can get their Rocksport shocks and the RK lift you can spec your own shocks (the Fox 2.0 IFP shocks pair well).

If you're going to lift your Jeep, do it right the first time, even if that means waiting a while to afford a more complete lift.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MARSHMELLA

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
The Dynatrac lift does not include front lower control arms or track bars. If you want your lifted Jeep to handle well, you will need to add some parts to this lift.

At a minimum, you will want to add:
Front lower control arms - to get the caster adjusted
Front track bar
Rear track bar or relocation bracket
Track bars not only locate the axles laterally, they control some very strong forces acting on your axles. If you lift your Jeep, your axles will no longer be centered. Stock track bars aren't adjustable and aren't very strong. When you add lift and larger tires, you can quickly overcome the stock track bar's ability to control the increase in force, which can lead to death wobble.

For a good budget solution, which addresses caster and track bar, consider the Metalcloak True Dual 2.5" or the Rock Krawler Adventure Series 1. Each of these include all parts you will need. With the Metalcloak, you can get their Rocksport shocks and the RK lift you can spec your own shocks (the Fox 2.0 IFP shocks pair well).

If you're going to lift your Jeep, do it right the first time, even if that means waiting a while to afford a more complete lift.
Great thank you for the reply!
Yes, I’m in the camp of buy once, cry once. I’ve been down that road before with IFS suspension lifts. :like:

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
AEV is decent, but I feel the Bilsteins are a tad stiff. Call Clayton, get some Fox shocks and enjoy.
Sponsored