Trying to identify Uconnect 8.4 FACRA connectors

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Trying to figure out the color codding of different FAKRA connectors on Uconnect radios. Top picture is 8.4 unit that I got.
White connector is obviously radio antenna and Red is camera. Now i'm trying to figure out what is grey and blue? Also there are at least 2 versions of 8.4 radios, what is the difference? What is the function of second dark grey USB port of the unit that I got?

8.4v1.jpg

8.4V2.JPG
Sponsored

ASarsano

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Occupation
SFC - 68W
Vehicle Showcase
I think u may have the wrong 8.4 post a pic of the whole back. If the mounting NC points are different thays the 8.4 from the Chrysler 300C and it won’t work with the wrangler. I had gotten one of these from a seller that listed it as UAQ when it’s really an AUQ and not compatible

OP
OP
El Zilcho

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think u may have the wrong 8.4 post a pic of the whole back. If the mounting NC points are different thays the 8.4 from the Chrysler 300C and it won’t work with the wrangler. I had gotten one of these from a seller that listed it as UAQ when it’s really an AUQ and not compatible
It actually has correct mounting points and is already mounted and working. But out of curiosity what does UAQ and AUQ mean and how do you check which one I have? I got it used from a person who got it used too
:) and I cant install the update on it, so who knows maybe somebody transplanted guts from Chrysler unit to jeep enclosure.

ASarsano

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Occupation
SFC - 68W
Vehicle Showcase
It actually has correct mounting points and is already mounted and working. But out of curiosity what does UAQ and AUQ mean and how do you check which one I have? I got it used from a person who got it used too
:) and I cant install the update on it, so who knows maybe somebody transplanted guts from Chrysler unit to jeep enclosure.
All Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler units are similar and the same basic radio, they will change the welcom splash when they detect the vehicle there installed in. UAQ, AUQ, RA4, and a few other codes are associated with the different 8.4" Uconnects they are the option/Sales code for the 8.4 on different vehicles. The only way I know to check which one a radio is is by looking up the VIN the radio came from. RA4 is the Pre 2018 8.4 and does not support CarPlay. UAQ is the 2018+ Jeep 8.4 With Nav and CarPlay. AUQ was used in the Chrysler 300C with Nav and Car Play. there is also a non-Nav with car play 8.4" but I don't remember its sale code. Did the seller give you the vin?

ASarsano

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Occupation
SFC - 68W
Vehicle Showcase
Oh and Also for ur original question on the FARKAs
Red - Cam
Pinkish (Violet) - 3G Antenna for Uconnect Activated Services
Mustard Yellow - GPS/SAT radio Antenna
White - AM/FM Antenna
Burgundy - 4G antena (for 4G hotspot)

Second Dark Grey USB - Not actually there on Wrangler UAQ (maybe this radio is from a RAM 1500 with additional USBs either in the rear or dash

Sponsored

OP
OP
El Zilcho

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did the seller give you the vin?
Unfortunately I only have an unlock code. Everything that I can check works right now (carplay, rear camera). I have basic sport, so dont have GPS/Sat Antenna yet, but I have apps for GPS and Sat radio. Will check if it works when antenna comes.
Edit: Got a cheap GPS antenna from amazon with blue FAKRA connector. It works great but maps did not show anything. Started looking around the world and Australia has detailed map :) I guess I got Australian unit :)

Last edited:

StingGrayJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Unfortunately I only have an unlock code. Everything that I can check works right now (carplay, rear camera). I have basic sport, so dont have GPS/Sat Antenna yet, but I have apps for GPS and Sat radio. Will check if it works when antenna comes.
Edit: Got a cheap GPS antenna from amazon with blue FAKRA connector. It works great but maps did not show anything. Started looking around the world and Australia has detailed map :) I guess I got Australian unit :)
did you ever get everything working?

OP
OP
El Zilcho

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
did you ever get everything working?
Never checked sat radio as I don't care about it. Did not figure out how to change to US maps, but I mainly use Car play. Was able to turn on Offroad pages. Car play works perfectly.

StingGrayJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Never checked sat radio as I don't care about it. Did not figure out how to change to US maps, but I mainly use Car play. Was able to turn on Offroad pages. Car play works perfectly.
Nice! I have the same 8.4 and trying to figure it out too. What did you have to do for the off-road pages, and have you noticed HD radio working?

I don’t really care about the NAV or SAT radio, ether. I’m confused to why HD Radio does not seem to be working for me, as it should of been the most simple feature.

OP
OP
El Zilcho

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! I have the same 8.4 and trying to figure it out too. What did you have to do for the off-road pages, and have you noticed HD radio working?

I don’t really care about the NAV or SAT radio, ether. I’m confused to why HD Radio does not seem to be working for me, as it should of been the most simple feature.
Out of curiosity where did you get this radio?
Now that I think about it I searched posts of the member who sold me the radio and he could not make Sat radio to work. He conveniently forgot to mention it when he was selling me the radio :) So it could be some module responsible for Sat and HD radio thats defective in these units.
HD radio does not work for me too. It shows the button, but does not react to it.
I used OBD JScan to enable Offroad pages. Actually I have a problem with it. It shows angles perfectly, but on gauges panel it shows only voltage, the oil pressure, and various temp gages do not show anything. I did not try to figure it out yet, it could be some setting that I need to enable.

Toxiclows

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willy’s jl
All Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler units are similar and the same basic radio, they will change the welcom splash when they detect the vehicle there installed in. UAQ, AUQ, RA4, and a few other codes are associated with the different 8.4" Uconnects they are the option/Sales code for the 8.4 on different vehicles. The only way I know to check which one a radio is is by looking up the VIN the radio came from. RA4 is the Pre 2018 8.4 and does not support CarPlay. UAQ is the 2018+ Jeep 8.4 With Nav and CarPlay. AUQ was used in the Chrysler 300C with Nav and Car Play. there is also a non-Nav with car play 8.4" but I don't remember its sale code. Did the seller give you the vin?
non nav 8.4 u connect 4C without nav is the UAS
Sponsored