Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Its just a tracking device, no big deal.
It's not a tracking device. It's a 3rd brake light flasher. Way too small to be a tracker and it's connected only to the 3rd brake light wiring in the tailgate.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DamnLed

DamnLed

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Did you purchase new or used?

If new, it was likely done by the dealer for one of many reasons. Most likely as one of their add-ons that they can charge extra money for. If it wasn't disclosed to you and you were not charged for it, chalk it up as a freebie.

If you bought used, then it was installed by previous owner. Only explanation that make sense in that scenario.
Brand new, at work right now but uave the sticker somewhere in the jeep so I will take a look when I get out, but almost positive it was not listed!

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Brand new, at work right now but uave the sticker somewhere in the jeep so I will take a look when I get out, but almost positive it was not listed!
It would have been listed on a dealer add-on sticker/card. Something like that would not be on the regular window sticker.

Sponsored

ArcadeTracks

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Rubicon. 2dr Soft Top. 2.0L Turbo, Auto, Stock
Why a third light flasher? I guess it might get my attention, but it seems like I'd probably think the vehicle in front of me was glitching or shorting out if I saw one.
OTOH, maybe I've already seen them and didn't even notice the difference.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Why a third light flasher? I guess it might get my attention, but it seems like I'd probably think the vehicle in front of me was glitching or shorting out if I saw one.
OTOH, maybe I've already seen them and didn't even notice the difference.
I used to live in LA and there were dealers that did this to all their vehicles, no charge. This was before automatic braking became a more common feature.

Sponsored

ArcadeTracks

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Rubicon. 2dr Soft Top. 2.0L Turbo, Auto, Stock
I used to live in LA and there were dealers that did this to all their vehicles, no charge. This was before automatic braking became a more common feature.
Ahhh -- so sort of like tapping on your brakes to get the attention of the person behind you. Makes sense!

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR 6spd, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Build Thread
Link
Don’t know what is but I hate those scotchloc connectors with a passion.
A smidge of a dead thread, but YES!

Suitcases and biting T taps do not do well in a vibration/shock loading environment. They can break the strands, allow corrosion in, and become a nightmare down the road, especially if you have 4 seasons, salt water, or off road a lot. You can mitigate this a bit by applying either dielectric or an electrical antioxidant on the wire insulation/metal penetration portion of the connector before it pierces the wire. Still a halfmeasure, and not a great way to do things in the long run.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
Was working on my 2020 JL Sahara over the weekend and took off the plastic cover on the inside of the tailgate..
I saw this pushed into the opening...Watched a few videos of people working back there and not one video has this part hooked up?
Does anyone know what this is?

C1F3C300-8C2C-48D2-9832-526E49CF027E.jpeg

0D6A1662-4BE7-484B-BD3C-B60215DAD541.jpeg
The answer to this just came out this week… it’s tiktok that put this there so it can access your home WiFi network 😂😂

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
The answer to this just came out this week… it’s tiktok that put this there so it can access your home WiFi network 😂😂
Sadly, that’s probably a trend that’s just around the corner lol.
Sponsored

Last edited: