Trying to Buy a JL in FL...

AMOXICHILLIN

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Hey, was wondering to get some insight and expertise from you guys. I've never bought a car from a dealer myself before and have been lurking the forums since i became interested in getting a jeep.

I"m looking for a Sport S 2-Door with Tech pack and Prem Top.

If i can get the Jeep to be around $30,000 it will be possible to get but as i learned dealers are hard to deal with. I had Napleton Clermont give me same JL but 2018 for $33,999. then came back with final out the door price of 38K and some change. I just felt it wasn't right.

Now I'm looking at a jeep at Fitzgerald and asked for a build sheet to see invoice to start negotiation process, it just doesn't seem right. But i am new to this. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Screenshot_20181126-163432_Drive.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

OhioJeep1149

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
5% off invoice is pretty much the standard starting point for dealers who sell a lot of wranglers. There is a thread titled “Recommended Dealers” that lists dealers where you can get this deal.

Based on the math, you should be getting $1765 discount off the $35,301 (5% off invoice). That would be $33536 plus tax/title/fee etc.

If you are not able to at least get to that price, I would explore dealers outside of your area and be willing to travel. I’m in Ohio and there is a local dealer here that will definitely order a 19 for 5% below invoice. Plenty of others out there that will meet or beat that.

Best of luck!

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Based on their printout the Invoice for that Jeep is $35,301. The best deals in the country are between 5-7% off of invoice. You won't find these deals in Florida. Florida is notorious for not budging much off of MSRP plus high doc fees.

Even if you receieved the best deal in the country of 7% off of invoice, you are still at $33k prior to tax, title, doc fees.

You're looking at:

33k (not happening in FL)
$300 Fl registration fees
$500-1000 Fl Doc Fee
Fl taxes: $2000
Approximately: $36K (to get this price you will have to travel across the country most likely so add in travel expenses).

Well over the $30K you are looking to spend.
Sponsored