Sponsored

Trying to become a Jeep owner- advice solicited!

Flyhoovers

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nfltac.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mercedes GL450, 2009 Lexus ES350
Occupation
Business Owner
Hi All, nearing purchase of my first jeep and would love some feedback/review of deal. I was considering leasing, but after reading TONS of posts here I think I am going to buy/finance instead. I found a JLU that was pretty much exactly what I wanted spec-wise, and fairly close by. Some questions on it:
  • The destination fee is $1195 and invoice says Jan...so I am guessing it has been on the lot for a bit?
  • Dealer offering on their website for $40750...which appears to be 1% above invoice.
  • Does the TL affiliate discount get me "1% under invoice" or "1% under invoice OFF of whatever I negotiate with them"?
  • I'm retired military (10yrs active, 10yrs reserve) and they are trying to tell me I do NOT qualify for military discount ($500) because I do not have a 1099-R yet (people who retire from the reserves dont start collecting their pension until they are 60). Sounds like BS?
  • Dealer is adding $795 for "Doc Fees" and $459 for "Govt Fees" (which I presume to be title/tags, etc...). Are those fair/OK numbers?
  • What does EP/PP/DR mean on the below?
I want to get them at least to 1% below invoice...and not sure if I can wait the 30 days for TL to come through. I'd welcome any ideas/suggestions/feedback!

H5pEw80.jpg
Sponsored

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Maybe this will help you some. This was the final email/texting negotiations on the exact JL I bought. The only other thing to factor in was they threw in a free set of all-weather floor mats and their dealer processing fee was $699. It was still a pretty good deal on a “cheap” JL, without much room between MSRP and Invoice.

53CA78C5-3F89-4292-9062-B2571CE435BA.jpeg

jvanloon

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2022 JLURXR on Order
Depends on where you are at in the US. There are dealers in this site that deal in volume and run up to 13% of MSRP. Here's a list from the site and the state the dealer is in. I'm using Dennis Dillon and they have a 299 doc fee.

Scott Woods in AR #1 -13% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Dennis Dillon ID
#2 -12.5% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Safford VA #3 -11.5% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Superior AR
#4 -11% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Tri-Cities NC
#5 -11% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Dave Dennis OH
#6 -11.5% MSRP Not Incl. Doc Fees
Shorkey PA #7-10.5% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Tyson IL #7 -10.5% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Ganley Village OH #7 -10.5% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Koons MD
#8 -9.5% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Lake Keowee SC #8 -9.5% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
Hi All, nearing purchase of my first jeep and would love some feedback/review of deal. I was considering leasing, but after reading TONS of posts here I think I am going to buy/finance instead. I found a JLU that was pretty much exactly what I wanted spec-wise, and fairly close by. Some questions on it:
  • The destination fee is $1195 and invoice says Jan...so I am guessing it has been on the lot for a bit?
  • Dealer offering on their website for $40750...which appears to be 1% above invoice.
  • Does the TL affiliate discount get me "1% under invoice" or "1% under invoice OFF of whatever I negotiate with them"?
  • I'm retired military (10yrs active, 10yrs reserve) and they are trying to tell me I do NOT qualify for military discount ($500) because I do not have a 1099-R yet (people who retire from the reserves dont start collecting their pension until they are 60). Sounds like BS?
  • Dealer is adding $795 for "Doc Fees" and $459 for "Govt Fees" (which I presume to be title/tags, etc...). Are those fair/OK numbers?
I want to get them at least to 1% below invoice...and not sure if I can wait the 30 days for TL to come through. I'd welcome any ideas/suggestions/feedback!

When we purchased ours, they would not accept a copy of our retired military ID. I believe we gave them a copy of our retired monthly pay statement, but really can’t remember. I know your not going to have that since you have your reserve time. I wouldn’t give up on the $500 off. You served you time, paid your dues. I would be getting in touch with someone that’s not part of the dealership that your dealing with.

By the way, Thanks for your service to our Country!

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Just placed an order today for an Ocean Blue 2 door Rubicon with Kent Shurtleff at Peterson’s Stampede https://www.petersonramjeep.com/

The 2018 order book just closed on the Sahara’s but still open for others.

14% off MSRP because we were his first Ocean Blue order. Been great to deal with. We tried buying local in Colorado Springs but no one is dealing at all.

Kent Shurtleff
[email protected]

If you contact Kent let’m Know Sunny sent you!

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU

H5pEw80.jpg

If this is the one you want offer them 5 or 6% off invoice. Worse they can say is no, but they have had it on their lot for awhile and may go for it.

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
Just placed an order today for an Ocean Blue 2 door Rubicon with Kent Shurtleff at Peterson’s Stampede https://www.petersonramjeep.com/

The 2018 order book just closed on the Sahara’s but still open for others.

14% off MSRP because we were his first Ocean Blue order. Been great to deal with. We tried buying local in Colorado Springs but no one is dealing at all.

Kent Shurtleff
[email protected]

If you contact Kent let’m Know Sunny sent you!
Been dealing with Kent as well. Waiting on one last trade in value before I decide if we'll pull the trigger with him or not. He's been readily available and by far the most receptive seller up to this point. Even though I haven't ordered from him I would highly recommend him! :D

We'll see if we pull the trigger we'll hopefully know Monday.

muttschu

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Wrangler Unlimited
Depends on where you are at in the US. There are dealers in this site that deal in volume and run up to 13% of MSRP. Here's a list from the site and the state the dealer is in. I'm using Dennis Dillon and they have a 299 doc fee.

Scott Woods in AR #1 -13% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Dennis Dillon ID
#2 -12.5% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Safford VA #3 -11.5% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Superior AR
#4 -11% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Tri-Cities NC
#5 -11% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Dave Dennis OH
#6 -11.5% MSRP Not Incl. Doc Fees
Shorkey PA #7-10.5% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Tyson IL #7 -10.5% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Ganley Village OH #7 -10.5% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Koons MD
#8 -9.5% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Lake Keowee SC #8 -9.5% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Jvanloon,
I was looking at your list. Is that Tyson IL or Tyson Jeep in IL and what does #7 mean?

jvanloon

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Muttschu,. The list is from this forum but my understanding is that would be Tyson Jeep in Illinois. And the # is the ranking of discount with Tyson being tied with 2 other dealers at 10.5% discount from MSRP.

Hope that helps.

Sponsored

muttschu

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Wrangler Unlimited
Muttschu,. The list is from this forum but my understanding is that would be Tyson Jeep in Illinois. And the # is the ranking of discount with Tyson being tied with 2 other dealers at 10.5% discount from MSRP.

Hope that helps.
Thanks!
I live about 3 miles away from Tyson Jeep. I purchased my JK from them in 2007. At that time dealers were jacking up the price on the JK because they just came out. I had to get crafty to get my deal from them, but they did me well. I paid under dealer invoice. I have heard locals in my area say they don't deal very well so I have been hesitant to go there. I have had my JK for 11.5 years.

I hate the whole car buying process. It takes so darn long. I like to go in get it done fast and get the hell home. I already have my financing figured out. I guess I should just stop in.

Thanks again!

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Thanks CanAMMick....will definitely take it a little higher and see where it goes!
Looks like you were a fast mover ? Fast movers want 2-doors .

Although I'm disabled Vet they said military discount does not apply , but $1,000. adaptability does apply . Either way , fca will give you a fist bump , bro . The important thing is whether you'll get the Jeep you want , and you can put a military sticker on the back .

If I were you , I'd contact CEO Mike Manley and ask him for the discount .

jvanloon

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Generally, you need to talk to the internet sales team and indicate to them that you saw their pricing on this forum.

JLforlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubi

Hope that helps.
I wonder why Kent at Peterson Auto Group isn’t on the list? Dennis Dillon is up the road and can’t touch his price? Just wondering.

kculp

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Professor in the health sciences
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!
I live about 3 miles away from Tyson Jeep. I purchased my JK from them in 2007. At that time dealers were jacking up the price on the JK because they just came out. I had to get crafty to get my deal from them, but they did me well. I paid under dealer invoice. I have heard locals in my area say they don't deal very well so I have been hesitant to go there. I have had my JK for 11.5 years.

I hate the whole car buying process. It takes so darn long. I like to go in get it done fast and get the hell home. I already have my financing figured out. I guess I should just stop in.

Thanks again!
I bought from Tyson in March, did 5% below invoice. Wouldn't hesitate going back as you are close to them. I drove 4 hours ... no one in my area was even close in price. Absolutely no fluff, deal on the phone and paid cash. No trade. I'd try and sell your '07 if you can first. Even if you don't get asking on your '07 you'll do better with no trade at Tyson.
Sponsored