BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
0C7725CE-D225-47C5-BCE7-2B7132995DB8.jpeg
in case anyone is curious, I found this bill of lading under my passenger seat. To haul one JK and three JL’s 509.7 miles, the charge from the trucking company was $2056.48
Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
0C7725CE-D225-47C5-BCE7-2B7132995DB8.jpeg
in case anyone is curious, I found this bill of lading under my passenger seat. To haul one JK and three JL’s 509.7 miles, the charge from the trucking company was $2056.48
Hence why FCA hiding an MSRP increase in the form of a destination charge increase was a c**t move by them.

horrible company stupid italians etc the song remains the same

Rubicam

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I would assume the destination charges are averaged regardless of where you are in North America. Would be too much of hassle to have different costs for different regions.

OP
OP
BillG

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would assume the destination charges are averaged regardless of where you are in North America. Would be too much of hassle to have different costs for different regions.
They are, but FCA charges more than anyone I know of. Even many imported cars that have to be shipped usually charge less than FCA

Rockreid

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Jeep Wrangler Sahara
BTW, headlines today are predicting >$90 barrel oil later this year according to Morgan Stanley. As expensive as the Dest. charge is now expect another price bump soon. Also expect the 2019 MSRP cars to get a hefty price bump as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BillG

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BTW, headlines today are predicting >$90 barrel oil later this year according to Morgan Stanley. As expensive as the Dest. charge is now expect another price bump soon. Also expect the 2019 MSRP cars to get a hefty price bump as well.
Hopefully it won’t bother me any. I’ve got my Jeep finally, and hope to not need anything else for a long time :fingerscrossed:

VanSchmittenstein

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Grand Cherokee Laredo
They are, but FCA charges more than anyone I know of. Even many imported cars that have to be shipped usually charge less than FCA
Destination charges are only for costs within the US. So international shipping costs are out of equation for all car companies. Comparison to cars being shipped from overseas doesn't apply. Is FCA charging more than others? Sure, but you can't price in cars delivered from Japan, etc.

LS7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 CJ5, ‘18 JLUR
Hence why FCA hiding an MSRP increase in the form of a destination charge increase was a c**t move by them.

horrible company stupid italians etc the song remains the same
If you feel that way, why are you wasting your time here, and why are you considering buying a Jeep? Who’s the stupid one, anyhow?

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
If you feel that way, why are you wasting your time here, and why are you considering buying a Jeep? Who’s the stupid one, anyhow?
Oh god, another "you're not allowed to like Jeep or Wranglers while criticizing them justly" person. It had been a while!

I'm considering it because it's the most unique vehicle on the road, and one that hasn't given up its core abilities, jackass.

This forum is not exactly full of FCA lovers. Wrangler lovers yes, FCA lovers no.

LS7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 CJ5, ‘18 JLUR
Oh god, another "you're not allowed to like Jeep or Wranglers while criticizing them justly" person. It had been a while!

I'm considering it because it's the most unique vehicle on the road, and one that hasn't given up its core abilities, jackass.

This forum is not exactly full of FCA lovers. Wrangler lovers yes, FCA lovers no.
I’m sure constructive criticism is welcomed by all, but must you also be crude and a bigot?

Sponsored

OP
OP
BillG

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I always thought that raising the freight cost was just a hidden way to raise msrp.
I just posted that freight bill as a piece of information that someone might find interesting.

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
I am sure it is a "leveled" cost whether it comes by truck, train and marshaling storage area. Most of the trucking companies that transport for the Domestic makes are unionized with those associate costs.
Sponsored