Sebuh

First Name
Sebuh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
hello,

I just installed Shocks and Springs into my JLUS from a Rubicon hard top with HD tow group.

last numbers were 91,90,58,59.

it was my first time doing shocks and springs on a car by myself. I now took it for a test drive and I hear a popping sound from the left front side when I do turns with slight bumps like going into a driveway.

I suppose this is called suspension binding.

what can I do to isolate the issue and correct it?

I use a harbor freight torque wrench and torqued everything down when I brought the jeep back down on the ground.

I made sure the springs fit snugly in the little booties in the top and bottom.

thanks.
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
hello,

I just installed Shocks and Springs into my JLUS from a Rubicon hard top with HD tow group.

last numbers were 91,90,58,59.

it was my first time doing shocks and springs on a car by myself. I now took it for a test drive and I hear a popping sound from the left front side when I do turns with slight bumps like going into a driveway.

I suppose this is called suspension binding.

what can I do to isolate the issue and correct it?

I use a harbor freight torque wrench and torqued everything down when I brought the jeep back down on the ground.

I made sure the springs fit snugly in the little booties in the top and bottom.

thanks.
Pics of what your springs and shocks and front end look like? Hard to diagnose with no video or not being able to see anything

OP
OP
Sebuh

Sebuh

First Name
Sebuh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pics of what your springs and shocks and front end look like? Hard to diagnose with no video or not being able to see anything
I'll have some pics and vids up on Monday. it's getting dark here and wont be back til Monday. in another forum someone said my shock upper bolt is probably too loose.

maybe I used the HF torque wrench wrong. I'm going to read its manual.

rcpeters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S 2019
I would guess one of the coils is not seated correctly and is bumping against the metal towers that hold them.

OP
OP
Sebuh

Sebuh

First Name
Sebuh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the original isolator that came with my JL was used again. when I was setting the right one it didnt feel right. i lined up the Notch onto the end of the spring and it looks like it is in place. the passenger spring went in much smoother into the isolator then the driver side one.

I
Sponsored