Trouble with Mopar 3 piece bumper

CJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
9C3FDB86-2C04-4377-B4B7-4E531BFD5959.jpeg
D2E1C07A-88FE-4764-9EAA-F6DE6C7B42C4.jpeg
I ordered a 3 piece bumper with no fog lights because I was planning on reinstalling the stock ones. It looks like a hole is missing on the bumper to install the brackets. It has two holes horizontal but not one at the top. I’m debating just drilling the hole. Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport s 1999 Cherokee Sport
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I think if you had plastic or steel bumpers, or halogen vs led fog lights, their may be some differences in the mounting brackets.

OP
OP

CJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So here is what I have found. I swapped the stock piece (left) with the adapter piece (middle) to attach to bracket (right). Still missing a hole for the right bracket... bumper taken apart and the drilling will commence!
image.jpg
image.jpg

virginia_is_for_rubis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The LED package is required from factory in order to select the steel bumper. The LED fog have different fitment and the bumper only supports them, not the incandescent. You’ll need to buy the LED fogs or find/create a bracket that will change the mounting points.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Wait... Are you sure you are mounting the lights in the correct spot? Seems like they mount using the "push nuts" on the backside of that last pic you have.

Seems to me like what you have should work to mount the halogen fogs to the steel bumper, at least according to what I have read in other posts.

Or maybe perhaps your bumper is missing a part? Check out the pics here of the steel bumper.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeep-jl-steel-bumper-damaged-100-will-part-out.46131/

Sponsored

OP
OP

CJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait... Are you sure you are mounting the lights in the correct spot? Seems like they mount using the "push nuts" on the backside of that last pic you have.

Seems to me like what you have should work to mount the halogen fogs to the steel bumper, at least according to what I have read in other posts.

Or maybe perhaps your bumper is missing a part? Check out the pics here of the steel bumper.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeep-jl-steel-bumper-damaged-100-will-part-out.46131/
Thanks for the photo! It is definitely missing the nut and the hole for it. Otherwise, I have all the brackets.

virginia_is_for_rubis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

The OEM LED fog lights and regular fog lights have different mounting points. The steel bumper only supports the mounting points for the OEM LED, not the OEM regular. OP will need a custom bracket to change the mounting or will have to buy the LED fogs

OP
OP

CJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the adapter to work with the bracket that came with the bumper. The problem is the bracket that came with the bumper (used with LEDs) does not work with the bumper. I found a fix for it and will post pics later.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I was thinking that the green arrows in the pic below point to holes are where your bracket should mount (I could be wrong).

image.jpg

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I have the adapter to work with the bracket that came with the bumper. The problem is the bracket that came with the bumper (used with LEDs) does not work with the bumper. I found a fix for it and will post pics later.
Pics?
Sponsored